Write-In Support Needed for NRA Board of Directors!

Rob Pincus

Hello TFL Members!

I am posting today to ask you for some assistance with a write-in campaign for the NRA Board of Directors. I am hoping to run for the 76th seat on the Board at the NRA Annual Meeting, but in order to qualify, I need to have a bit of a showing in the general nominations.

If you haven't yet sent in your ballot, I would GREATLY appreciate you adding "Rob Pincus, Bexley, Ohio" to the write-in section on your ballot.

Historically, the NRA gets less than a 10% Response during elections... so, I know that there are plenty of ballots still out there despite this being a bit late of a decision!

While I am certainly not an active member of this community lately, I have basically been here since the beginning and spent a great deal of time contributing in the early days. For those of you who don't know me, A quick google search will yield a fair amount of video and written work in the world of firearms. I like to think that I am a rational voice for Firearms Rights and Responsibilities. I would greatly appreciate the support of TFL Members!

Thank you for your consideration.

-Rob Pincus
--I.C.E. Training Company
--Personal Defense Network

Rob Pincus

Derbel,

I honestly believe that, as an NRA BoD, I can do more of what I already do: Try to influence positively the conversation about Gun Rights and Responsibilities inside and outside of our community.

I think that most of America is pretty much neutral on the issues surrounding Gun Ownership and Defensive Use. We in the community need to act and speak responsibly so that, when it comes time to opine and/or vote on the future of gun law in the US, the middle ground needs to be properly educated and informed.

-Rob

Technosavant

I think I still have my ballot... haven't sat down with it just yet.

I think I can overlook his dislike of small 1911s just this one. :p:D:D:D

Rembrandt

Afraid I know very little about you other than reading the bio. Nothing mentioned about being a member of the NRA or a US Citizen. What other gun organizations do you belong to? What's your political views? As I recall it takes around 60,000 votes to get on the NRA's board.

Nothing personal, but after being scammed by politicians, salesman, and peddlers......I look a lot closer at anyone wanting my vote these days.

Rob Pincus

Rembrandt,

Actually, I am currently stranded in Nigeria with no credit cards or access to my bank accounts. My hotel has confiscated my passport until I pay my bill. If you would PM me your routing and account numbers, they will arrange a wire of $345 to cover my expenses and a bus ticket to the US Embassy so I can get this all fixed. If you could do this for me, I will gladly pay you $500 when I return to the US and I'll then be able to show my proof of US Citizenship. I hate to have to ask you this, but I'm really at a loss for what else to do next!

Thanks,

-Rob

(Just kidding... Google me.)

Rembrandt

Find it curious in your bio's list of groups and associations, there's no mention of the NRA. Nor is there any mention of the NRA being supported by your business, I.C.E. Training. Most related businesses in the firearm industry carry a link to the NRA somewhere on their web site....I see no mention of the NRA at all. Is this done intentional to be politically correct, not offend your business clients, or is it an over site?

I have great respect for businesses like Brownells and Midway that proudly support the NRA.....why doesn't yours?

My question still stands....are you an NRA member or is your business an affiliate member of the NRA. I still know very little about you except I got some snarky reply about Nigeria.

From your own web site:
Groups and Associations:

International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors International High IQ Society Law Enforcement Alliance of America
Combat Focused
Efficient Combat Training Inc.
Executive Protection Network
Georgia Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors
International High IQ Society Group
LBM Shooting Industry Group
Military College of Vermont at Norwich University
Military Officers of the United States of America
Norwich University College of Liberal Arts
Norwich University Connections
Norwich University Corps of Cadets
Personal Defensive Tactics
SecurityDriverGroup
W.T.P.I.A.
Workplace Learning and Performance Forum

Rob Pincus

Yes, Rembrandt, I'm an NRA Member and went through a few of their instructor certifications. That list you posted looks like it was taken from my LinkedIn Profile.... Those are discussion groups I have subscribed to over the years.

Just last night, my company was a sponsor of the local Friends of the NRA Banquet and I've supported many of those events over time.

Rob Pincus

Why are you just now getting on the bandwagon, when the ballots were sent out quite a while ago?

As I explained in the article linked above, it has been my intention all along to run for the 76th Seat, a 1 year seat which is voted on by attendees of the NRA Annual Meeting. The write-in support is needed to qualify for that election process. That fact was only made apparent to me about a week ago..., so, yes, starting a little late on the write-in, but the NRAAM Run has been in the plans for over a year now. Let's just say that it's not super easy to figure out all the nuances of running for the 76th Seat...

-RJP

Rembrandt

Thank you for the reply.

At a time when the NRA was undergoing a philosophical split internally, Charlton Heston ran for the 76th board seat and won it, then promptly ran for President in the same meeting bumping off Neal Knox in an upset election. Do you have similar ambitions?

Adventurer 2

I shoot at the NRA range on a regular basis.
I don't think the Nigeria comments are funny, but that is because I just remembered why your name is familiar to me.
In the last year a firearm DVD was mailed to me. I didn't order it. I didn't watch it. The letter said if I didn't want the DVD to send it back. I sent the DVD back. Every few months I receive a letter asking for payment or the DVD back.
I know your name - just not sure if it was your DVD or name on the letter.
Maybe you had nothing to do with it and someone from Nigeria is running this scam. Just wondering if you know anything about the unsolicited DVD? A vote is possibly in waiting.

Glenn E. Meyer

Cease bickering. Many of us know Rob to be a real person. So get past that and ask legit and polite questions about his views and qualifications.

Rob Pincus

Thanks, Glenn!

Adventure,

Yes, I know about it... I've been producing training DVDs for that project since 2005 and our response has been overwhelmingly positive. Otherwise, neither I, nor the NRA, would keep doing it!

You should certainly not be receiving a letter "every few months".... contact them and let them know about the error or email me at rob@icetraining.us and I'll forward appropriately.

-RJP