WOW !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild Bill Bucks

I guess I will have to keep my trips to the range at a minimum, until the ammo companies get caught up on production. I went to buy some .22 long rifle shells to take the grandkids shooting today, and was told a box of shells would be $4.50 per box, with a limit of 3 boxes. We went and got ice cream instead.

I can understand how they cost so much right now, with ammo being in short supply, but I sure am hoping that after supplies get back up, that the ammo manufacturers don't get the idea they can keep prices this high forever. I feel they will see a sharp downward trend in sales if they do.

22's have always been the benchmark for training our kids to shoot and be responsible with a fire arm. It has always been cheap enough to take the kids to the range and let them learn without costing you an arm and a leg.

southjk

$4.50 per 50 is really not a bad price right now. Most places are much higher. Three boxes wouldn't have lasted long though.

Saltydog235

I stockpiled for a while in rimfire stuff before the panic hit. Every time I hit a Wal-Mart I look to see if there are any on the shelves, I haven't seen a box since a day after the Newtown shooting.

Gbro

I was pleased to see we still get the 15 rounds for each firearms safety student with the class supply's.
They are federal/American Eagle.
Federal Cartridge has always been good to the firearm safety program. :)

Rembrandt

Use to buy a couple bricks at a time before the 2008 elections. After that shortage, began getting it by the case (5000). Now order two cases at a time because supply chain can't keep up with demand.

FrankenMauser

I can understand how they cost so much right now, with ammo being in short supply, but I sure am hoping that after supplies get back up, that the ammo manufacturers don't get the idea they can keep prices this high forever. I feel they will see a sharp downward trend in sales if they do.
Manufacturers haven't jacked their prices up. It's the greedy retailers and distributors that have done that.

new_camper

I was at a gun show this weekend and saw a box of 50 Remington for $15, and people are still buying it. It is ridiculous.

jj320

basspro and cabellas have not increased their price. You just have to be lucky and be at the store when it comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.