Wow!

SkiShoot

So why wouldn't someone who can shoot that fast, and apparently pretty darn accurately, be the champion of any competitive shooting sport year in and year out?

dwatts47

Jerry shoots his signature Smith and Wesson Model 625 JM in .45 ACP

8 shot .45 revolver huh?... The first video is an 8 shot .357. The last video with the 6 shot is the signature gun.

applesanity

I was just thinking about all the bullets one has to use when practicing to become that phenomenal.

I should look into reloading.

Moe Howard

So why wouldn't someone who can shoot that fast, and apparently pretty darn accurately, be the champion of any competitive shooting sport year in and year out?

He is, do a search on him. He won the uspsa national revolver championship last year by nearly 300 points. The other two divisions were won by only a couple or points or less.

* Five time USPSA 3-Gun National Championship
* Four time 2nd Chance Bowling Pin Champion
* 1997 American Handgunner World Shoot-Off Champion (The only person ever to win this title with a revolver.)
* Fourteen time International Revolver Champion
* Member of five time winning pro team at the Sportsmans Team Challenge
* Three time Masters International Long Gun Champion
* Three time USPSA National Revolver Champion
* Two time IPSC World Revolver Champion
* Two time IDPA Enhanced Service Revolver Champion

Guy B. Meredith

The 8-shot is a PC 627 with .38 spl. The 6, reload, 6 is a 625 .45 ACP.

Come on down to Morro Bay, CA in June and you'll most likely see him in action with the likes of Vic Pickett breathing down his neck.

http://icore.org/IRC_2008/2008_IRC_Entry.htm

The sound of a couple of bursts with machine like repetition coming over the berms lets you know the local news persons have cornered Jerry to do his thing for the local news.

cschwanz

Holy crap!!!!

There was a show on tv, idk if it still is any more, but i think it was called American shooter. At the end of every episode, they had a trick shot doing something cool, either a gun with a pistol or a guy with a long bow. I remember the guy thumbing the hammer on his pistol and ripping the 6 shots in something like less than a half a second. he had a timed draw of under .2 seconds(just draw and get a single shot off) i'll have to try to find the video again.

That was an absoltely amazing reload too! damn........

edit: found it. The pistol guy is Bob Munden. here is the only vid i could find: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woILVt30QV8

For anyone who shoots a bow,especially a long bow, youtube search the name Byron Ferguson. You will be impressed......

shortwave

Bob Munden and Byron Ferguson hooked up on that show and had a little bow verses revolver competition shoot. it was amazing the talent of those two. could watch Bob shoot for hours.

drail

I have had the pleasure of watching this gentleman shoot and even when you've seen it with your own eyes it is hard to believe. He is also only too happy to answer questions and show you most of his secrets. He is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.