Wow, this thing will shoot

OkieCruffler

Finally got a chance to take the tracker to the range for some bench testing. Here's a 25yrd 5 shot group with CCI subsonic HP's.

DSCF4083.jpg

I took the red dot off so I can work on shooting unsupported with irons. I may never see a group like that again out of this gun...

OkieCruffler

Well it doesn't shoot as tight as my Dan Wesson at 25 yrds (12 shot group)

22postal.jpg

Or even my Mitchell at 50 (10shot)

7693mitchell_group.jpg

But it does ok.

trailgator

I had a Tracker in .22 lr. I loved the feel of the gun, but the constant ftf's took away any possibility of it being fun to shoot. Glad you'e having better luck with yours.

OkieCruffler

I bought this one used and had to send it to taurus immediately. Cylinder had a problem with not turning. They had it for 2 weeks but I've put over 1200 rds thru it since I got it back with no problems.

I have a 970 as well and it does shoot. The first time I shot it I had to check the barrel to see if the bullet cleared the barrel. Recoil is almost nothing. I have shot air pistols with more.

OkieCruffler

Well those groups have really opened up. Turns out shooting unsupported with irons is a bit more difficult than from the bench with a red dot.:eek:

thedaddycat

Okie, you get the "John Madden-Master of the Incredibly Obvious" award...;)
Try grouping at greater distances shooting standing weak hand only double action...:eek: I've heard guys say that installing a laser will really show you how steady (or unsteady) you are with your grip and squeeze as you watch the dot dance around on the target. Looks like you'll just have to spend more time on the range!! I hate it when that happens.:D

OkieCruffler

I do alot of weak hand shooting with my carry gun (357 snubby) that's DAO. It takes a whole different thought process. Wanna have some real fun, try it with your dominate eye covered. Managed to keep most of my shots on a 3 inch circle yesterday with the Taurus but that was at 50 ft, not 25 yrds. One thing about that Taurus that you notice after a few hundred rounds is that it is really heavy. I like that in a bench gun, but if you're holding it out at the end of your arm it gets tireing.

bigStag

So when you make that trip to the outhouse and just after you sit down you hear that snake hissing down there, you'll be prepared. :eek:

OkieCruffler

I guess I could try to shoot bending over through my legs, but why?

Why not? Sometimes you just have to shoot for fun to see what happens. I've never shot between the legs, but I've done my share of over the shoulder. Not with the revolvers tho', can you imagine the muzzle blast, hearing protection or not.
BTW I do alot of shooting out your way so if you spot someone at the range shooting between his legs, chances are it'll be me.:D