wow oh WOW!

pax

Yesterday I tried out my new gun -- a Glock 26 that we named Miss Anne Thrope. This baby going to be my everyday carry weapon and I really love her. Shooting her is a blast! Got off 100 rounds and would've shot more if my time and budget would allow it. :)

At the same time, our buddy Don was trying out his new Super Redhawk .44 magnum with a scope. He offered to let me have a go at it.

WOW!! The shock wave produced by firing that thing is something else. It's a fine piece of equipment and beautifully accurate (when he's firing it, anyway -- I'm still new at this).

We shot magnums and russians out of his Redhawk. The russian round is certainly a lot quieter and (for me) more controllable, but boy oh boy! was the magnum round fun. :)

pax

"Is there anything wrong with a woman preferring the dignity of an armed citizen? I don't like to be coddled and I don't like to be treated like a minor child. So I waive immunity and claim my right -- I go armed." -- Longcourt Phyllis in Beyond This Horizon by Robert Heinlein

David Scott

When you go shopping for your own Super Redhawk, remember it can now be had in .454 Casull, in case the .44 Mag gets boring. :)

Congratulations on Miss Ann Thrope (kewl name).

Gunslinger

Congratulations on the new gun Pax and for liking the magnum. There are many men that have been shooting for years that still have not conquered the .44 mag. The Smith and Taurus are a little less combersome. When you get the chance you may want to try one of those out to. You might be surprised at how well you do with one.

------------------
Gunslinger