Wow!! Impressive Performance!

P-990

Okay, I will cut to the chase. I went shooting today in preparation for deer season, which starts here the 13th. I was using my .260, with the 140gr Remington Corelokt factory loads. I have never used these before. This load grouped into .5"! It chronoed at 2614 fps average. My pet handload using 140gr Sierra GameKing went into .46" and chronoed at 2588 fps. (This is the first time I've had this rifle over a chronograph.) I am very excited. This rifle just keeps shooting better and better! Guess I'd better stop sharing my excitement and get ready to go hunt! 990 out.

Edited to add that the rifle is a Remington Model 700 Mountain Rifle with a 22" barrel and mounted with a 2-7x33mm Leupold VX-1 scope. Also, the range was 100 yards off of the bench and the groups are for 3 shots. Too cold to go prone on the concrete today!

Last edited:

rock_jock

the 13th. I was using my .260, with the 140gr Remington Corelokt factory loads. I have never used these before. This load grouped into .5"! It chronoed at 2614 fps average. My pet handload using 140gr Sierra GameKing went into .46" and chronoed at 2588 fps.
Not bad accuracy at 25 yards.;)

P-990

Nice catch rock_jock! The range was indeed 100 yards. Kinda made for a long wait for the couple shooting handguns next to me. Oh well, they just loaded magazines and checked targets while they waited. They were very accomodating.