wow, i didnt realize disassembly of a 1911 was so dang easy.

2002gti

with help from http://www.jamesrbradley.com/1911-clean.htm it was a breeze. i swapped out the trigger with a lightweight alluminum one and im convinced that with a few other resouces i will be able to do a trigger job.
i did get a little worried when the sear/disconnctor fell out after pulling the pin. i thought i would have a prob. putting it back together but that wasn't the case. bitten again by the 1911 bug.

SARDUDE

And thus is an integral part of the beauty of a 1911! Even a dummy like me can break it down and put it back together. :)

Raider

The M1911 is a beautifully engineered handgun. Use caution with the trigger job - its easy to over do the fitting. I had to do my first trigger job a couple of times to get it perfect - 2lbs without following and much too light for carrying defensively. Cost was almost as much as having a competent gunsmith do it but I learned a lot and that made the job worthwhile. My follow-up trigger jobs are much more reasonable weightwise and each was easier than the last one.

RIKA :)