Would You Pay Full Retail For The Colt Tier III 100th Anniversary 1911?

VTRich

I have seen many selling on-line for $1250 and UP, so if you really want one, you might want to buy before it's gone. I got mine for $1069, but that was last summer. They stopped taking orders for them in November 2011, so you probably aren't going to find many that aren't already spoken for.

Pilot

Yes, I'd pay the $1,150 in a heartbeat for that. Beatiful 1911, and the closest thing you will come to a modern repro that represents the early 1911, unless you get one of the WWI Repros Colt produced in the Carbonia finish 01911, and Black Oxide finish 01918.

I believe these are similar to the Black Oxide, 01918 (I have two of them) with different roll marks. While I prefer my Black Oxide or Carbonia over the Tier III pistols, they have now been discontinued for some time and are only available at inflated prices on the secondary market. The Tier III is headed that way as well.

johnbt

I wouldn't buy one because I don't need it. I'm happy shooting my WWI Repro that I paid $999 for way back when. What a great pistol.

The box is huge and takes up a lot of space sitting there being useless.

John

Joe_Pike

I stopped in again tonight and was surprised that it was still there. I was hoping it was gone so I could forget about it. It's still a good thing I left my credit card at home.