Worthy Tactical Handgun Courses

I've checked the links, but the prices were a little out of my budget. I saw Tiad-tactical.com in Michigan and was told Randy Cain comes through there on a regular basis. Now, my questions:
1. Anybody heard of Triad? Good or bad?
2. "" "" "" Randy Cain?
3. Your suggestions of a good course as well as rifle courses would be appreciated.
4. Any suggestions of Thunder Ranch or the like is a waste of time for me. Can't afford the $1000's of dollars.
5. My budget is around $400-600 for a course and my wife is interested,too($800-1200 then:D ).
6. I live 3 hrs. west of Chicago, so I'd be willing to travel some. Just not coast to coast.

I'm an average citizen that knows the basics, but want to greatly expand my skills over a reasonable time in the art of tactics and marksmanship.

HuntAndFish

I've taken Randy's Handgun 101 course. He is a professional and well respected trainer. Probably one of the very best in the US at diagnosing technique problems. His schedule is on his website.

http://www.cumberlandtactics.com/

He also has a rifle course I would like to take.

EDIT: His courses are right in your price range as well. Prices are at the bottom of the schedule of classes.

Thanks,
I've heard good things about him, but wanted more than one or two sources of info. Looks like we're heading to Michigan!

Tim Burke

Randy Cain is top notch. I've had a number of classes, with a variety of well known instructors. The one class I keep taking is Randy's THG 101. I've taken it 3 times, and I'm signed up to take it again in May.

Tim Burke

No, he's coming to Charlotte. Michigan would be a bit of a drive, although I have driven to Lakeland, FL, to take his Handgun II class.

Jeff22

handgun courses near Blue Grass, Iowa

Check out the following:

Midwest Training Group
Most classes held at Darnall's Range just west of Bloomington, Ill.

www.midwesttraininggroup.net
http://darnalls.com/

(I particularly recommend the LFI Advanced Handgun Skills Class)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Defensive Edge Training & Consulting, Inc.
P.O. Box 682, Anoka, MN 55303
Phone: (763) 712-0123
Fax: (763) 712-0123
www.TheDefensiveEdge.com
email: Defensive.Edge@att.net
-------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff22

firearms training in Boone County, Indiana

Ken Campbell, Sheriff
Boone County Sheriff's Office
1905 Indianapolis Ave.
Lebanon, Indiana 46052

kcampbell@co.boone.in.us

765-482-1412

I believe that Sheriff Ken used to be the Captain in charge of training for the SO. They host all sorts of training on the Sheriff's Department range, and most of the classes are open to the private citizen.

Pat Rogers, Louis Awerbuck, and traveling instructors from Gunsite teach there annually. Email the sheriff for more details.