Worth the wait. .

Beagle333

Well, it took 6 weeks, but I definitely believe in buying back-ordered, before it gets cherry-picked by anybody. And, it's got a [CI] stamp.
The last one they sent barely had any color at all, this one makes me very happy. (Cabelas 1860 .44)
Here's the pics. New, unturned, still in the gooey packing oil they come in.

DSC03023.jpg

DSC03015.jpg

Doc Hoy

On a very limited basis....

....I compared the appearance of "case hardening" process on Uberti and on Traditions/Pietta.

The color on the Pietta appears to be more pronunced than on Uberti.

The reason I mention this is that the revolver that Beagle got is a real pretty example of striking "case hardening" appearance.

Jetchlnger

I just received mine 2 days ago and agree its a beautiful firearm. Also waited 6 weeks. I'm new to BP and this is my first. I will have many questions for you guys but for now....what does the CI stamp mean? Thanks in advance for your info.

arcticap

Jetchlnger said:
what does the CI stamp mean?

That's the Italian proof date code that indicates that it was proofed tested in 2012, and that the gun is the most recent production.
It must have just arrived from Italy.

Beagle333

Did you stretch it's legs yet?

Thanks, but I'm still a ways from doing that. I have one from 1990 that is still going strong. This one will be a looker for a little while. It's so rare for me to actually get new ones, so I'm going to savor it for a bit. I still have a couple more in front of it that are destined for the shooting rotation first.

Plus, I gotta find just the right holster for it. ;)

IDAHOMIKE

Just don't save it for posterity for too long. Rumor has it, there is a sort of concealment holster in the works from some guy on here. I hear it is of a highish ride variety and borrows some elements of a "quick draw" holster.

Mr.Guido

That is a great looking gun. I'm just wondering how you're going to check the lock up and chamber/bore alignment if you leave it unturned? :confused:
I hear that Cabelas is pretty good about dropping a new cylinder in the mail if you have a problem.

Beagle333

I'm just wondering how you're going to check the lock up and chamber/bore alignment if you leave it unturned?

I already have an 1860. I'll pop that cylinder in there and check everything, and also disassemble and polish all the parts and the frame, and set the timing of this new pistol until it's perfect before the bolt ever kisses that new cylinder. :D