working at it this morning

Old Stony

tKSsRZ8l.jpg

By the time I got 13 loaded up on my truck and hauled them to the area where I leave carcasses, I was already feeling like a tired old man. Then I had to remove and skin out 26 legs and removed 4 backstraps, take them home to clean up and freeze.
I end up giving away most of the meat, so it sorta seems like a lot of work for nothing, but I just can't stand the thought of leaving all those hogs for the critters to eat. I did have one more that managed to run away into the woods with a 9mm in it, so the critters will have a treat anyway.
At 73 yrs. old...I may be getting past my prime to be doing this sorta thing.

NoSecondBest

Old Stony, I'd be happy to share the misery with you just for one day. That looks like a great day out from my perspective. If you ever need help let me know.

Old Stony

I was lucky yesterday and a friend was there to help me. He comes down from Washington state for a couple months every summer, and we spend the time chasing hogs, shooting at my range, working on guns, and generally just guy stuff ( sorta drives my wife a little nuts sometimes).

This bunch of hogs were caught in a trap. I keep 4 or 5 traps out in the woods year around. As we were driving up in the pickup to check this one trap, one pig was standing not too far away and walked into the dense woods nearby. I got out and did a little stalking with a Beretta 92 in my hand and did manage to get one pill into it...but didn't get it dropped. It managed to get further into the woods and got away. I'm sure the coyotes appreciated my efforts on their behalf.

We will probably be going out tonight looking for a pretty good sized boar that's been showing up on the game camera in one area. My buddy needs one big boar on his scoresheet before he goes home.....he is up to 52 hogs so far on this visit.