Wood grips for Springfield UC?

tetchaje

I posted this on 1911Forum.com, but as of yet haven't received any replies to it...

OK. I've got a Springfield Ultra Compact (Loaded) coming in the mail, but it has the rubber finger-grooved grips on it. I was thinking that I'd like to switch to wood grips instead so that the rubber wouldn't grab my cover garments.

First off, are the grips the same size as the Colt Officer's model, or do I have to hunt around for a specific "Springfield Ultra Compact" grip. Hogue doesn't make any 1911 grips for Springers -- at least not that they have listed. They DO make Officer's model grips. So, when I find grips that I like do I just order for the Officer's model?

Any other suggestions for nice looking Kingwood or Rosewood grips. I'd LOVE a set of Zebrawood or Thuya Burl grips! :)

GunGeek

Should be same as officers, I will double check at the shop tomorrow, but I really think they are the same.

9x19

The Springfield Ultra-compact frame is the same size as the Colt Officer's model.

Grips will interchange, though some of the late model Springfields come with ultra thin wood grips, and the bushings and screws are shorter than standard on those.

Since yours is coming with rubber grips, I imagine it has standard bushings...