Wolf Recoil Springs

Destructo6

I just received some Wolf Recoil Springs for my CZ-75. Two springs are included in the kit: the actual recoil spring and a firing pin/striker spring.

The recoil spring a a bit longer than the original, but not enough to cause a problem.

The firing pin spring is about 4 times longer than the original. What's the story? Is this supposed to cut to length or what?

Thanks for the input.

awisler

I seem to recall some mention of this on Wolff's website, and that the springs will shorten once they obtain their "set" with a little bit of use. Is the striker spring supposed to be factory strength or extra-strength? This may be a factor as well.

I also recall an interesting discussion of spring mechanics, which I also think was on Wolff's site (?), discussing spring strength as being a factor of wire gauge, number of coils, and coil angle. Some of Wolff's springs achieve the same "weight" of pull as the factory springs, but using different com binations of the above factors.

Bottom line: check with Wolff, but I think this is normal. If you can install it with similar trigger pull and good function, it's probably OK. JMHO.

Andrew

WESHOOT2

Suggest 'skipping' the firing pin spring, and keeping it stock.

Wolff makes the best recoil springs.

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

Destructo6

I bought the regular (14#) and extra strength (16#) sets. Both firing pin springs are 4 times longer (2.64 inches uncompressed) than my original (.725 inches uncompressed). I can't even get the firing pin fully inserted into the slide with the Wolf spring.

Think I should give Wolf a call?

Destructo6

I went ahead and emailed Wolff last night. The reply this morning was that latter style CZ firing pin springs are long and they rarely get requests for the early version, so they don't package it regularly. The rep asked for my address so that they could immediately ship me the early style spring for no charge.

It's hard to beat that kind of service!