Wolf Ammo

cohoskip

I see some pretty good prices on Wolf 7.62X39 hollow point ammo. I would be using it in a Norinco SKS.

Any of you had experience with it?

How about Brown Bear ammo?

Average Joe

The SKS will shoot anything you put in it. Buy the cheapest stuff you can find, and blast away. Wolf, Brown Bear, and the like will be fine.

molech

wolf

i have used wolf ammo thru my ar-15. worked fine. just clean gun real good after its real dirty ammo.

Taurus_9mm

I run Wolf 7.62x39 through my Mini-30 and have yet to experience any problems as a result. Accuracy is fine to boot. :)

WhyteP38

I run Wolf 7.62x39 through my Mini-30 and have yet to experience any problems as a result. Accuracy is fine to boot.
+1. I've used both the polymer HP 122-grain and the polymer FMJ 122-grain, and although both shoot fine out of my Mini-30, the HP seems more accurate. It's all I use now in my Mini-30, and I bust clays at 100 yards using iron sights.

Wolf ain't target match stuff, but once I zeroed my Mini at 100 yards, I get one-shot one-clay, so it's accurate enough for my purposes.

The only problem I have are the occasional hard primer, 1 in 10 rounds. However, I don't think that will be a problem with an SKS.

wolfdog45

I have used Wolf in my SKS's, AK47's and my AR15. No problems at all in any of the guns I have shot Wolf in.
I prefer Brown Bear over Wolf when shooting 223. It seems to have more power to it than the Wolf.

G-Cym

I use it in my AR. Yeah it's real dirty, but if you shoot anything in quantity, it will dirty your gun up. At least with wolf you can afford to shoot in quantity.