Witness Elite Stock 10mm

ranburr

I received my new 10mm Stock on Friday. First off, the bad stuff. I am not crazy about the sights, the rear is a two dot low profile adjustable model. The front sight is plain black and extremely tiny. So small that I find it difficult to see. I would think that they could use a larger front sight in conjunction with the adjustable rear sight. Also, I am not crazy about the trigger. I will be quickly looking for a new front sight and converting the trigger to SAO. That should take care of most of the issues that I had, (I don't think there is a source for a replacement rear sight). And, the checkering on the frontstrap is perfect. But, the rear checkering starts and finishes too low for my taste. Now for the good stuff. Fit and finish are excellent. It functioned perfectly with 100 rounds of Remington 180s. That was all the 10mm ammo that I could find. This gun is defineately a shooter. It is literally a one hole shooter out to 25yards (max length at my range). The grip is shockingly slim for holding 15 rounds of 10mm. In fact, the Stock grip is actually slimmer than my palm swelled Nill equipped 1911s. Th factory grips are some of the nicest that I have ever seen. I would say the quality on this gun is closer to my Les Baers than to my Colts. It is a definite keeper and I am planning on ordering a second model this week. If you are thinking about getting one, don't hesitate.

kristop64089

I have a Witness 10mm also(just the plain old witness) and I have the same gripe about the front sight.

Other than that it is quickly becoming my favorite gun. Easy on the eyes, and hard on the target

my witness 10 mm in "wonder finish" is almost off lay away... BTW... I've been buying a few boxes of ammo each time I make a payment... can't wait to get it...

kart racer

Get the fiber optic front sight.Mine should be here this week for my stock.Surprisingly,the da trigger on my pail witness is almost as good,but the single action on the stock is great.