WINCLEAN

DEC

Is this stuff any good? I am thinking about picking up some in 40 *&*? Is it as clean as they claim? Is it accurate? TIA

Wade

Used some of the 9mm stuff last time I went to the range. In my Kel-Tec, it shoots to the same point of aim as Silvertips, and is pretty accurate. Didn't notice if it was any "cleaner" shooting than other ammo, but definitely wasn't any "dirtier".

AndABeer

yeah it is pretty damn clean, i shoot it in my Glock 35 and the brass looks like it just came out of a tumbler, cleaning the pistol afterwards was a breeze, good stuff

P

PreserveFreedom

It is clean. As for the jacket, it is a BEB. At first glance it looks like FMJ but it has an open front. It is more like a JSP.

Guyon

Can't argue with the fact that it is clean. However, I found it not nearly as accurate as the plain old white box Winchester FMJ. My shot groupings with the stuff were horrible the first time I shot it (from 25 yards). I switched to the FMJ stuff and accuracy improved dramatically. Did I just get a bad batch? I don't know, but I've stuck to the FMJ target ammo since then. Try a box or two and see what you think. It's cheap.

------------------
Guyon
NRA & GOA Member
Vote for your rights!!!

10CFR

I have put about 3 or 4 boxes through my Glock and Beretta with no malfunctions. I don't know how it stacks up from a benchrest, but I found it as accurate as anything else in combat shooting at a B-27. I had no trouble putting shots inside the 9 ring without trying too hard. It seems pretty clean.

As an aside, I tried a couple of boxes of the MagTech in .40 S&W also, and I was amazed at how clean it was. The guns barely looked like they had been fired, and cleaning was a breeze. I did not expect much from that ammo, but was pleasantly surprised. No malfunctions either. The shop where I bought it can't keep it in stock.

-10CFR

K-9

I'm a Mag-Tech fan. Reliable; never a FTF in 9mm,.40,or .45. Clean and cheap,too.$5.70/50(9mm)at Natchez. They're at www.natchezss.com. Nice people. Be sure to request a catalog.It's a big one.

------------------
"Until that time,Eustus,until that time."-from Soldier In The Rain

Timbo

I use it regularly and agree it is much cleaner and cuts cleaning time considerably. I've used 9mm for my Ruger P95, 380 for my CZ 83, and 38 special and 357 mag for my GP 100. I haven't noticed a decrease in accuracy, but I usually shoot at combat distances. Also, it's usually stocked and pretty cheap at Wally Mart.

Sling Shot

I had the same experience as Guyon. I bought the Winclean in .45 auto. Accuracy was poor, and I also think it is underpowered. This was a while back, so they may have changed the powder or something by now. I want buy it again.
Sling Shot