Winchester White Box 9mm 124gr. Nato

stevieboy

My CZ 75B just loves this round. It gives me tighter groups than anything else I've put through the gun and it shoots closer to POA than anything else. I'm guessing that this round is essentially FMJ 124gr. +P but I've never read any specs. on it. I know that the felt recoil is somewhat greater than with "standard" 124 gr. ammo. The round shows up occasionally on the shelves at Walmart and with online sellers and it's always pretty reasonably priced. I'm curious about others' experience with this particular round.

Don Glock

this is the only ammo that caused stovepiipes in my g19. there was this black crud in the extractor channels, different recoil impulse from one round to the next (watch Tennesseeoutdoors9's vid on youtube where he experience this one as well) , and the rims were malformed on the many boxes i've tried.

if you like the white box NATO, you'll love the Ranger NATO. much better quality control. more accurate, cleaner burning, consistent powder charge, and no stove pipes :)

chinamart doesn't have the ranger nato though, cabelas does, but the cheapest place to get it is online. :)

JT-AR-MG42

I've nothing but good to say about the white box NATO.

I can't watch utube on dial up, but I have never had a problem with any I have.

Flawless in my MP-40 and shoots to the sights in my Steyr GB.

Gone through several cases and almost out. I have also always reloaded 9mm, but it is nice to have some factory for when you get behind on things.

Walmart, huh? I'll have to strap on several pistols and go check there.

Thanks for the tip, JT

AustinTX

I've put many boxes of Winchester 9mm NATO -- from stuff that looked clean and well-made to rounds that looked pretty crappy -- through one of my Beretta 92s with nary a bobble.

PSP

I shoot alot of the plain white box M882 ball ammo and like it because it shoots and feels close to my carry rounds. I think it is either made by Winchester or Federal, (you can only tell by the headstamp). I have some of the commercial WWB NATO as well and as far as I know it is the same stuff. It has a NATO headstamp.

Either box or brand... I find it to be the best practice ammo around, especially when purchased by the case and the price is reasonable, around $10/ box.

shortwave

Some have had bad experiences with WWB.

Glad thats not the case for me.

Many yrs of shooting WWB, through multiple cals., I find it to be excellent range fodder.

KMAX

wwb

My line of thinking says that if the handgun can't shoot wwb, umc, of Federal in the common calibers that Walmart carries there is something wrong with the gun. I don't want to have to search all over the country and pay high prices for ammo. Also, I won't have a car that has to have premium gas. Maybe I'm a cheapskate, but my money doesn't come easy. I live in an area of limited options for ammo stores. I'm sure I didn't change anyone's mind, but I said my piece.

Coltman 77

I've had great results at the range with Winchester Q4318 NATO ammo in all my 9mm handguns.

Accurate, pretty clean and peppy. It's my favorite practice ammo. :)

rock185

Hello stevieboy, my experience with the NATO ball is consistent with yours, I have used literally thousands of rounds of Wnchester NATO/Q4318 124 ball and a lesser amount of the tan box/Ranger NATO. Quality and consistency of both have been excellent. Both tend to run about 50-100fps faster than regular US commercial ball of the same weight in my guns, depending on the particular gun/barrel length,etc. It is more energetic and works especially well in guns with heavier slides and/or stronger recoil springs. I did chronograph some M882 Federal NATO ball. It displayed velocities consistent with American commercial ball of the same bullet weight. I have guns that function a bit lazily with regular Wally World Winchester 115 ball or the Federal red box/American Eagle 124 ball, for instance. I have had no problem with it, but the Federal red box 124 is about the lightest factory 124 ball load that I can recall chronographing in over 35 years. If someone wants a very light, reasonably priced factory plinking load, this might be it. I much prefer the Winchester NATO ball, either tan or white box, over any other types of ball ammo commonly available to me though. ymmv

10-96

Walmart, huh? I'll have to strap on several pistols and go check there.
Huh? Man, if it were me, I would find a much safer wallyworld to go to- maybe one where only 1 or 2 pistols would be enough?

Marquezj16

One Winchester defect

I bought one box of the WWB 9mm NATO 124 gr from local sporting goods store. It shot great in my 92FS compact. It is fairly accurate with barely noticeable change in recoil. I usually shoot WWB 115 gr. They are really cheap! $20 bucks for 100 rd box at the same store. Out of the 1000+ rounds of this ammo I have found one defect. I don't know how this missed this one.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0434.jpg
    IMAG0434.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 1,450
  • IMAG0435.jpg
    IMAG0435.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 1,449

mattbeals

I think that I have about 1500 rds of the 124gr Winchester NATO through my FNX-9. It shoots flawlessly. S&B, PMC, Federal, Fioccchi I've had intermittent problems with. The white box Winchester 115gr from Walmart works perfectly well. And it's cheap! Can't shoot the Remington/UMC 9MM. Way too many FTF, FTE. Whatever Winchester is doing with the white box "WallyWorld" special I love it. That NATO stuff is pretty much the same as the +P defense rounds I used to carry. Now I carry the Winchester Ranger +P+.