Winchester Stealth. Looks nice. Is it?

Warm Bore

Still hunting my varmint rig. Been pickin' at a Savage all week at the shop. Noticed a Winchester Stealth in the corner today and got my mits on it. Seemed very well built and fairly heavy. I know nothing about this rifle, though. How does it compare to the Savage 10s and Rem 700s? Looking for .308 knowledge but any will do.

Thanks,

WB

Rob01

Warm, I don't own one personally but I know a couple of people with them and they love them. From all reports, all .308, they are very accurate. If the price is right you can't go wrong getting a Stealth.

Warm Bore

Wonder why no one owns these? Asked all my buds at work. None have owned or even shot one. Sniper Country seems to hold them in some regard:

Basic rifles...

There are only 2 or 3 "Basic" rifles that are considered acceptable out of the box... the very best of them is the Winchester M70 "Stealth", or the prior M70/HBV before it.

The other two are the Remington M700 "Varmint Special", and the Remington "PSS". The Remington rifles have had quality control issues over the last few years, so if you get one, look it over very carefully.

If the rifle is in stainless, you will have to get it colored... black, dark green, tan, etc... Baked on Teflon (about $150 to $200), or just spray on Krylon, or muffler paint will do.

All three are in the $700+ price range... hold out for the Winchester Stealth!

I mean what's up with this rifle that nobody seems to shoot one? Is it just a sleeper or does Sniper Country have it wrong?

Thanks,

WB

ursus

Warm Bore, I own a PSS and a Stealth. Both are stock, but have some crown work. I shoot nothing but Fed 168 & 175 out of them. The Stealth for some reason groups the 175 tighter than the PSS. I really like them both. You cannot go wrong w/the Stealth.