Winchester Silvertip expansion from Ruger LCP .380

kayakersteve

Below is a photo of my new Ruger LCP with a few shot Silvertips to illustrate nice exansion for a 380scp. These were shot into water and recovered from the bottom. They expand to around 1/2 inch diameter and always held together. Note the price tag on the box of Silvertips at $13.99. Boy, would that be nice again!

600_IMGP9443.JPG

Sulaco2

Of course the expansion is nice to look at but, means nothing by itself, the Reason for bullets is penetration into the target. Any idea of that from you shoot?

lee n. field

Note the price tag on the box of Silvertips at $13.99.

Back around the turn of the millenium to local Walmart was clearancing .380 Silvertip for $7-something a box. Basic blasting ammo price at the time. I've still got probably about 500 rounds worth of it.

Nyeh-nyeh. :D

michael t

Of course the expansion is nice to look at but, means nothing by itself, the Reason for bullets is penetration into the target. Any idea of that from you shoot?

Silver tips have approx same penteration as other major brands They have been around a long time and I sure they have worked on a occasion or 2 some where.
Today I perfer the Corbon DPX but if a silvertip was all I could find I would load up and wouldn't feel underarmed because of ammo.