Winchester Select Energy?

Waterengineer

I was just thinking, is anyone still shooting a Winchester Select Energy for sporting clays or have you moved on to another gun?

The reason I ask is because most of the forums/boards have been quiet about this gun for 2+ years.

I know there were a few issues with cracked forestocks and some did not like the porting, but is was/as a solid gun with a FN factory heritage. Also, I am pretty sure thesedisappeard from the catalog about the time of the Winnie/Browning merger.

Any thoughts on the history of you gun would be fun.

Thanks.

BigJimP

I don't know anyone shooting one / and I don't see them around at all. But I also don't see hardly any of the Browning Cynergy lineup either.

Personally, I still shoot a Browning Citori XS Skeet, 30" barrels - or the Benelli Super Sport for Sporting Clays, Skeet and the limited hunting I do these days.

LanceOregon

Also, I am pretty sure thesedisappeard from the catalog about the time of the Winnie/Browning merger.

Winchester sold off the remaining inventory of these shotguns to CDNN Sports, which is now selling them at rather good pricing.

They pretty much have sold out all of the standard grades now, but still have a few with 26" barrels for $899 They still have a full range of barrel lengths available in the Deluxe grade Select Energy, which is now selling for only $1099 Seems like a rather good deal on a FN Belgium made shotgun to me.

Even the Sporting Clays model is now only $1199

See:

http://www.cdnnsports.com

And download their latest catalog for details.

SPUSCG

my friends cousin shoots trap with one, when he was shooting he let me handle it, nice and light with a smooth break. hes been shooting it a while and loves it, breaking all the clays.