Winchester m71 back in production!

RIDE-RED 350r

Just a heads up guys... I was looking at the 2017 Winchester product catalog they mailed to my brother the other day. It has the model 71 listed! Only one caliber available, 348 Winchester. But I'm sure that really isn't surprising, mych less disappointing. ;)

I just checked their website and it is not listed there yet.

Thought some of you might be interested to know. :)

fourbore

I believe the 71 was only ever made in 348. So; that would be about right. I passed up a mint example for less than a new one will cost today, only 10-15 years ago. Same old story.

RIDE-RED 350r

There was a VERY nice specimen of a m71 at my LGS a few weeks back. Price tag was just under 3 large, but don't recall the exact price. Went back a week later for more reloading supplies and it was gone!

If they hold true to the standard and reputation they have established with the other current lever rifles, the new m71 will not disappoint.

McShooty

Somewhere 15-20 years ago I could have bought a mint 71 in a gun shop for $350. I did not. Oh well. My interest in having a Mod 71 would be the Browning heritage and the Mod 1886 relationship. Seems to me though they could have offered a better cartridge choice for hunters.