Winchester Barrel

JKump

Does anyone know where to find a 18" modified choked barrel for a Wichester 1300 Defender? All I can find are cylinder bore barrels. I have a 1300 Defender and just finished a Shotgun school at the Ga. Public Safety Training Center. I found out that past 15 yards my pattern is something of a mess (3 pellets on target at 25 yards). I need a choked barrel for this weapon. I like the Winchester. Thanks! :)

K80Geoff

It would be rare to find an 18" Barrel with fixed modified choke. Most short barrels rarely are choked tighter than IC if at all. I have never heard of nor seen an 18" bbl with modified choke.

Best bet is to look for a short barrel with interchangeable choke tubes, and install a modified choke. A check for winchester barrels indicates that winchester makes a 26" bbl with choke tubes.

Or you could have the barrel tapped to take choke tubes by a company like Briley.

9mmMike

Before you give up on that barrel, you might try patterning some different defense loads. You may be able to find one that works with what you've got.
There are a ton of good choices out there and if you do some searching here and on THR, you'll see that the patterns can vary greatly.
Mike

Powderman

Of course, you could order another barrel and have a gunsmith ream and tap the barrel for different choke tubes.

Or, send the barrel off to Vang Comp for their porting job, and have some ghost ring sights installed.

10/22

A. You could always buy the Camp Defender barrel. It's 22 inches and you have your choice of chokes to use.

B. Take it to a smith and get it fitted with some chokes.