Winchester ammunition recall

gaseousclay

Does Winchester have frequent ammo recalls? Saw a bunch of their ammo pop up online in the last month or so and i'm kinda glad I didn't buy any.

On a similar note, which ammo brands to you guys avoid like the plague? I try to buy from reputable brands like Federal, PMC and IMI as those brands appear to have rock solid reputations. I'm sure there are others but I haven't bought ammo in 9 months

ChasHam

Why are you glad? If none of it is included in the recall, there is no problem.

Any manufacturer of any product can have a quality control problem. Winchester did and they timely addressed it.

Winchester has been making guns and ammo for 150 years. I would think that's about as rock solid as you can get, eh?

gaseousclay

Never heard of recalls from Federal, PMC or IMI. Winchester is a household name so I’m a little surprised they’d have any recalls at all.

kenny53

IMO Winchester has the worst rimfire ammo on the market and I think the rest of their ammo is suspect. . The other day I had my Savage 308 at the range using Winchester ammo. Fired less then half the box and had 2 round not fire. Primer strikes looked a little light so I don't know if it was the gun or the ammo. Next outing I will trying shooting it out of the M1A and see if it works better. Lot of other ammo out there I trust better then Winchester.