Winchester 9mm Nato

stevieboy

I was in WalMart tonight and picked up 4 boxes of Winchester 9mm Nato. I asked the clerk for 124gr. 9s and he handed me these. I bought them without really checking and it was only after I got them home that I realized that these are listed as being 10% hotter than standard 124gr. 9s. Anyone have any experience with this load? I would imagine that it's essentially 9mm +P. Next question: what about shooting it from my CZ 75B? The manual for my gun says nothing about whether this load is ok or a no-no.

guypowell

I've shot alot of it through my Glocks and SIGs without any problems. I'd imagine your CZ should handle it okay. You can definitely tell a difference in recoil betwwen the 9mm Nato and something like regular WWB or UMC.

aroundchicago

Your CZ 75 is made for 9mm NATO rounds and can shoot them all day. Your standard 9mm Luger is running in the vicinity of 35,000 PSI, and your 9mm NATO at around 36,500 or so. Not a huge difference between the two. Pretty similar to 9mm +P. Most of your modern higher end 9's should have no problem running 9mm NATO, but always read your owners manual. Certainly some less expensive guns you probably shouldn't shoot them, but your CZ 75 is rated for the 9mm NATO.

2cooltoolz

I've shot quite a bit of it in my SIG P226 and in my Kahr PM9. No problems. I think it's pretty much a +P load, but in FMJ. I'd love to find some in .380.

Coltman 77

I shot some the other day for the first time - 200 rds. through my P30 L.

It's excellent range ammo, pretty clean and definitely a bit warm.

jaughtman

I have a CZ 85....

and the 9mm Nato version of WWB is the ONLY type I shoot through it (for range work). I find it more accurate than the "regular" WWB - I guess due to the higher velocity?

Jamie