Winchester 94 AE 44 Mag

kilotanker22

Found a near mint Winchester 94 AE in 44 Mag at a local store yesterday. They were asking $700. I am not sure of that is a fair price, but I have been searching for a New Haven construction Winchester lever gun for awhile.

Any Intel or things to look out for with these rifles? Is $700 a fair price?

Wishoot

It's been my companion for deer hunting in thick Northern Wisconsin brush for a number of years.

Mine doesn't load 44spl all that well however.

Can't help you with the price though. I would suggest seeing what they've historically sold for on Gunbroker. Got mine BNIB about 12 years ago for $200.

dgludwig

$700.00 is about right for a Model 94 AE, chambered in .44 Magnum, having very good condition, in my neck of the woods. This carbine would be the cat's pajamas, especially when topped with a quality receiver sight, for hunting whitetails sneaking about in heavy cover.

Chainsaw.

I agree, I have a Miroku 92 in 44 mag. Well put together, semi true to original form, rebounding hammer isn’t my favorite but I cant find a reason why. It does like big bullets, my cast bullets are at .4315 and it likes those.

Scorch

What's up with the broken carrier? Is this common on both the 94 and 92 models?
The 44 mag 94 AE had a cast carrier that did not hold up very well. I replaced several in years past. I have not heard of this issue with the 92s.

wild willy

Scorch does the newer stamped carrier which according to Numrich fits the older guns fix the problem.I have a 94 45 colt which I had a carrier issue when new.Winchester repaired the gun no problem since but its not a high round count gun but I did get a spare carrier just in case

Scorch

does the newer stamped carrier which according to Numrich fits the older guns fix the problem
I don't know the answer to that question. I would say yes as far as the carriers breaking, but I don't know for sure if it causes other issues.