Winchester 50 and 59 Slide Pin

The two designs are virtually identical with the latter being lighter aluminium frame and Win-Lite barrel. Both use David Marshall "Carbine" Williams' floating chamber concept in that the actual chamber floats 1/10" (back and forth) within the receiver and the barrel. This eliminates any need for the barrel to move as part of the unlocking and locking process.

I managed to reassemble one, but is there any trick anyone knows of to line up the Slide Left with all the other parts (Bolt, link, slide right) such that the Slide Pin can be inserted? I had a heckuva time trying to do that this morning and I'm wondering if someone has an easier way?

The suggestion about removing the recoil spring is great. It was much easier to reassemble everything without any pressure. Generally there is a special tool for reinstalling the buffer plug; but this was accomplished via a very large screwdriver (those big 16" screwdrivers that Harbor Freight sells).

New issue: hammer follow down which means it doesn't always goes boom everytime the trigger is pressed. Just noticed the hammer catch is broken and will have to buy a new one. C'mon Jack First.