Winchester 40 S&W 165 FMJ

Darren Roberts

Winchester 40 S&W 165 FMJ - Has anyone had problems with these rounds? I am shooting them from a Stoeger Cougar I have never had jamming (or feeding) problems before. While shooting drills yesterday I was jammimg about every third or fourth round.
I can shoot Remington 40 S&W 180 JHP all day without a problem.

Oysterboy

Which one? 50 round boxes or 100 round value packs? I've shot two 100 round packs with no issue in my Sig P250c 40sw. Also shot Feds and Rems with no problems.

Noreaster

I've been shooting allot of that lately without problems. It is a little snappier then the 180 grain but not by much. One guy I was shooting with had some stove pipes but I gave his gun to someone else and no issues. I hate to say it because it's over stated but could it be limp wrist? Have a buddy try it out and see how he does.

Orphanedcowboy

@ $32 a box for the value pack, it is all I shoot for practice and plinking. I haven't had a single hiccup with them thru a variety of pistols. I do have a Taurus revolver that had some light primer strikes, but went bang in my M&P afterwards.

Darren Roberts

It might be limp wristing actually...I just got this one and have only shot with it a few times, it just seemed like it did ok with the Rem hollow points, and jammimg with the Win.
I will take it out tomorrow and focus on grip.

Vermonter

Not Uncommon

Its not uncommon for a gun to have a round that it doesn't take well to. Its when the gun doesn't preform well with multiple rounds that there is an issue.

I would say run a few different flavors and see if certain weights or charges preform well. Stick with the rounds that preform well and you are good to go.

We need to remember that these are machines that we are discussing. Some mechines just do better with certain parts.

Regards, Vermonter

TheRaskalKing

My Springer eats 'em like candy. I've shot through 6-8 of their 100 round packs since new years. I did have one failure to feed the other day, but I limpwristed it. My fault. :eek:

Hogtown

shoot up about 4 100 rd boxes of ww 165 a month in sig 229,no problems at all,but I do clean gun after 150 or so rounds.