win94 mods, tips, tricks?

troy_mclure

just picked up a 1974 win94 in .30wcf.

im planning on making this my truck gun, prolly add a red dot, and if i can find one a polymer stock.

im just interested in seeing what you guys have done to yours!

also is there a way to disable the "safety" so i dont have to squeeze the lever to "activate" the trigger?

hoghunting

I recommend leaving the safety alone as the locking bolt is forced all the way up to its proper position before the rifle will fire.

sils79

Williams peep sight, with a firesight front sight post, leave the safety alone, you don't even notice it.

jhgreasemonkey

Having a red dot would be nice but I just have the open sights on mine and they work fine. The only thing I have done is added a sling swivel set with the front mag tube clamp and buttstock screw, then put on a leather montana sling. And I reblued the faded barrel and tube with oxphoblue from brownells and it came out really nice. For the top eject models you can find plenty of those scope mounts that are offset to the side and mount to the reciever but I don't care for how they look. The best route is to go with the xs sight scout scope mount (which would work well for red dots as well) It mounts in the rear sight dovetail base and requires drilling and tapping the top of your reciever. http://www.xssights.com/store/scope.html I am still pondering doing this with my 1970 top eject model 94.

OJ

IMG_2491.jpg

BUFFALOBILL94A.jpg

Williams FP94/36 aperture

003.jpg

SRC 94 with aperture removed for ghost ring sight

PA120007.jpg

XS white stripe front sight blade

W94TRIGGERBLOCK.jpg

hoghunting I recommend leaving the safety alone as the locking bolt is forced all the way up to its proper position before the rifle will fire.

I agree 100%