Win 94 .44 Mag and Rem model 582

Dean C

I'm helping a friend put values on a couple of rifles he is wanting to sell.

The first is a Remington Model 582 (22, tube mag, bolt)
Really in good shape.
I'm guessing no more than $150.00 and probably a bit less since they are very common.
What do you think?

The other is a Winchester Model 94 built in 1969.
44 Mag Regular Carbine
Also in very good shape.
My searching is all over the board from $250 to $400.
I can't settle on a reasonable price, I need some help her.

He also has a 20 Ga. I posted in the Shotgun Forum.

Thanks,
dean

Scorch

The Remington was built before 1968, since it has no serial number. It is worth $150-200.

The Winchester is worth about $350-400.

Dean C

I could be missing the S/N on the Remington. I looked high and low but didn't see one. Anyone know exactly where to look?
thanks,
dean

Tom2

Presumably it would have to be some place above the wood to be compliant with the laws, but there was a time when guns like that did not really require a serial number apparently. I had a 582 once and hung a scope on it. It was not as steady as say a heavier barrel sporter due to the long skinny barrel. But it was truly a tack driver with good ammo. I remember the one I had did dime sized groups at 50 yards. And that was with commoner ammo, not match grade. I believe I used PMC Zapper before it was made in Mexico, and some Winchester Super X solids, I think. The tight groups were no joke, I cut out a dime sized group from a bullseye of a target and attached it to the gun when I sold it. Sure that one could work as well assuming good condx. I would ask 150$ at least for it. Or try for it. I know the Winchester would bring at least 350 at shows around here, probably they would ask 50-100$ more at shows retail, depending if it is in good condition. Anything 94 has now gotten higher asking price due to speculation trickle down. Like prewars and pre 64 ones are getting way up and it seems to pull up the modern examples also.