Win. 190 disassembly - not rocket science

James K

Member In Memoriam
Color me puzzled! After reading at least 100 pleas for takedown info on the Winchester 190, I thought maybe my memory of the little .22 semi-auto was wrong and there was some other Model 190 that was extremely complex. But I checked the manual on the web site and sure enough it is the same 190! I took a lot of them apart without ever seeing a manual and never thought there was anything hard or difficult about it. Granted, the barrel nut requires a special tool and can't be totally removed, and stock removal requires a long drive extension, but similar limitations are found in other rifles. The only tricky part is the firing pin spring with the ball bearings that are easily lost, but good disassembly practices should prevent that.

So, what is so hard about the 190? I sure don't know, but kinda wonder; maybe someone could explain.

Jim

DonR101395

It took me a little bit the first time without a manual. After that it's been a snap. I really love my 190. It ain't pretty but it shoots nice.

Doyle

Has anyone come up with a fix for that rock-hard trigger pull? I would love my 190 even better if I could tame that trigger.