Wilson Magazines

mes228

I have many .45 magazines from several manufactuers. I purchased one of the new Wilson Combat Elite magazines and compared function, loading, quality, etc. The Wilson's cost $35-$40 each and they are worth it. I now own 5 and feel the money was well spent. Just the ease of loading is remarkable in comparison to any magazine I own. They've functioned flawless in multiple handguns. The magazine is critical to how pistols function. These magazines are so slick and easy to load just the wear on your fingers is worth the admission price. I will continue to trade pistols, however, I am keeping these mags no matter what. Just a heads up on a great product and they have the Wilson Lifetime guarantee. These mags will instantly reveal how sticky, and crappy, most magazines are. The difference is pretty remarkable. I always liked the 47D Wilson's - these are a smidgen better I believe.

Magyar

the ease of loading is remarkable in comparison to any magazine I own. They've functioned flawless in multiple handguns.
+1
Besides original Colt mags, the Wilson Combat in 7rds are the only one's I use. The rest I acquire through trades, etc. all head out for sale at gun shows or attached to pistols I sell....:)

Richard

I like Wilson 7 round magazines, dislike Wilson 8 round magazines, and for less money I prefer Metalform magazines. Regards, Richard:D

I live Wilsons...however, can you tell me in specifics as to why I should spend even more money on a magazine that doesn't appear to offer any better features?:confused:

I've tried Wilson 47's when the gun was still problematic but went away from them during troubleshooting. I'm pretty sure they would work now. I'd also like to try some Les Baer mags.

My Act Mags are beautiful, italian made, but have a strange, stepped-down, follower that I don't really trust. It looks like they would allow the round to nose dive.

My Kimber Tac Pro mags have been flawless, but they aint perty.

My three most reliable feeders, in order, for my four inch Kimber are (yes I numbered them and keep records):

1. the original, blue, ugly, Kimber mag (believe it or not)

2. An Act mag with a Kim Pro Tac Mag follower

3. A Kimber Pro Tac mag

I only load 7 even in an eight round mag, because 8 rounds under a loaded chamber causes a lot of drag/ friction under the slide. I'd rather have 7 that work, than 8 with a failure.

Now that everything's finally working, I'm not anxious to change anything!

sholling

I found the 8rd 47Ds very very very unreliable in a pistol that thrives on Chip McCormick Shooting Stars. A repeatable 7 FTFs/mag from 2 NIB mags in a pistol that has never-ever had an FTF from a CMC. I suggest only buying them from sources that will take them back and then testing them throughly before relying on them.

BikerRN

One of my 1911's ran beautifully with the McCormick 8 Rounders.

The new one won't. :( It does run well on the Wilson mags. Each gun is different and magazines need to be tested before being relied upon. I even had a Glock 19 with magazine issues once.

Biker

tom234

CMC 10 round Power Mags work flawless for me in my SW1911. I dont' see the need for more expensive Wilson Mags.

mes228

Magazine

In 1911 magazines I have two Novak, eight Chip McCormick, 3-4 Colt, some G.I. issue, a couple of Taurus, Wilson 47D's, and five Wilson Combat Elite, and several other brands. All the Wilson's are significantly slicker, easier to load, and function flawless in every respect. Much, much slicker than the Chip McCormick Shooting Stars which I used to buy a lot of. They functioned fine - however, compared to the Wilson's they are hard to load, scratchy, and gritty feeling. The new Combat Elite has a much wider base/drop pad that is numbered 1 through 10 for marking each mag, and a deeper no tilt follower. A slightly different feed lip "bend" and Wilson claims they have the best springs in the world. None of this is why I like them. I like the new Elite's as they are so slick and easy to load it's unbelievable. I also don't think they would allow nose diving into the feed ramp nearly as readily as some other mags. They hold 8 rounds and really work well. As soon as I can afford them I'll buy 5 more. Try one head to head with whatever your loading and shooting now and I bet the Combat Elites will win you over. I don't know they are better than the Wilson 47D's but I like the drop pads better and man they are "slick".

mes228

Magazine

I am speaking of the new Wilson Combat Elite magazine. None listed at Natchez
are the new ones. The least expensive I've found are about $32 retail and I've seen them at $59 on Amazon.

HappyGunner

Where have I been?

In the morning as soon as they open (God willing I live through this long cold night)at Wilson I am going to order 25 NO! 55 of them purdy neat WILSON COMBAT® ELITE TACTICAL MAGAZINES. Oh man are them babies sweet looking.:) Am I going to be the shining star at my range.:rolleyes:

Webleymkv

I have 4 mags for my SW1911 and three of them are Wilsons. The fourth is a Chip McCormick shooting star that doesn't drop free, so I don't use it.

M14fan

Wilson and Chip McCormic

I have no malfunctions of any kind when using Wilson or CMC mags. While I cannot speak for other manufacturers most (except Kimber ultra) seem to work well with their original equipment mag as well. Springfield Armory mags and Colt mags also work well. All the spare/replacement mags I have bought are either Wilson or CMC.

Edward429451

I did have a little trouble with my Wilson Combat 47D's when I got them locally and went straight to Wilson with them. They sent me new springs for them and they still wanted to misfeed the 7th of an 8 rounder. Then they sent me what they called extra power springs for them and they've been slick and trouble free ever since. Wilsons customer service was fast and polite.

I have an old Wilson-Rogers 8 rng mag that is still in rotation with the original spring. I can't remember it ever malf'ing.

HappyGunner

Mag springs

Seems some hand gunners have problems with many brands and types of Mags. The same problems happen with AR-15/16 Mags.

Some time it's traced to weak springs then bad or damaged followers also feed lips are suspect. You just have to keep working with a group of your Mags till you get some or all to never be the cause of a feeding failure.

I use Wilson combat and Metalform in my 1911s they seem to be top quality Mags and they work well for me.

I don't know who the Mfg. is that Para uses two Mags came with my new LDA .45 I do know my Wilson OX47 seven rounders won't seat because the shape of the base does not match the Para's Mag. notch in their hand grip.:eek: Hope the Para Mags work well.:)