Wilson Combat Revolver W66CCR

David the Gnome

A post over on the S&W forum prompted me to do some research on this rare revolver. It was called the Wilson Combat W66CCR, with the CCR standing for "Custom Carry Revolver". Less than 100 were made between 1998 and 2001. The base gun was a S&W Model 66-5 with a 2.5" barrel. The man at Wilson who did the work on them was named Vic Tibbits. The grips are made by Pierce, the cylinder was champhered, the hammer and trigger were subtly re-contoured, they did an action job, added the 1911-style night sights, and stippled the back strap. It's quite an interesting revolver. I don't know what one would be worth today but this specimen sold for a buy it now price of $700 back in 2007.

w66ccr01.jpg

w66ccr02.jpg

w66ccr03.jpg

w66ccr04.jpg

w66ccr05.jpg

w66ccr06.jpg

More pictures in the next post...

Webleymkv

I like everything but the grips, they look like they'd be too small and not have enough palmswell to be comfortable for fast DA shooting with full-power Magnums. Those remind be of the Precision Gun Specialties S&W Hideout grips I once tried on my 66-2, I shot exactly twelve rounds of Remington 158grn JHP before I couldn't take them anymore (they made a nast blister on my right thumb). On the way home from the range, I stopped at a local shop and bought the Houge Cocobolo grips that the gun currently wears, much more shootable.