Will Winchester 94AE Rifles Return?

1tfl

I've heard from guys at the local gun shop that Winchester 94 rifles will be returning to the market by end of this year or next. They said a lot of other previous Winchester rifles and shotguns will return too. Anybody else heard of this too or are they just blowing smoke up my pipe?

1tfl

Do you think they will return within next few years?
Where/who will make them?
Didn't they close up the Winchester Repeating Arms factory?

DPris

Member Emeritus
Browning says nothing has been finalized on the 94 yet, but it won't be this year, whatever it is.
Most likely would be built in the Carolina plant, which is what several of us predicted from the start. :)
Denis

they've been making parts for the Winchester 94 at the FNH plant in the Carolinas for several years now. It will be reintroduced next year, 2009. The model 70 comes back first, with rifles already announced by FNH/Winchester, and the model 94's are next. It is not "will they", it is "when will they be available" because the FACTORY HAS BEEN MAKING THE PARTS FOR SEVERAL YEARS.

Scorch

I heard (we all know what that means) that the 94s are scheduled for 2009. I heard that the top-eject will be offered (don't know if that means "in addition to" or what). We'll just have to wait and see.

CraigC

I'd rather see them come from Miroku of Japan than return to the quality they sported the last several years before their demise.

Lawyer Daggit

I would not be at all surprised if a Chi-com model 94 does surface without the name 'Winchester' or Browning on its flanks.

Gewehr98

Good on Mossberg!

Yup. That Mossberg 464 definitely has John Moses Browning written all over it, at least from an external point of view. Round bolt vs. square bolt, and a rear scope-mounting bridge, but otherwise, it looks for all the world like a Winchester Model 94.

Anybody stocking them yet, and how does MSRP compare to real-world prices?

RedneckFur

I got to handle one of the mossbergs this weekend. the fit and finish were nice. Not as nice as a pre 64 winchester, but it felt to be a good solid rifle.

I have no idea how they shoot, but I imagine its pretty good

Army GI

I would go out of my way to get a Mirouku made Win 94.

I used to have recently made Win 94AE and I was not very impressed with it.