Will Uberti grips fit a Ruger?

MLeake

While visiting the LGS this morning, I saw an Uberti birdshead revolver. Nice, wood grips.

They look much better, IMO, than the synthetic grips on my Talo Vaquero birdshead.

So, does anybody know if the Uberti grips are compatible with the Ruger frame?

Or, does anybody know where to find 19th century looking grips for the Vaquero?

gak

What Bob said. Also, most Uberti BHs I've seen are totally different gripframe shape, some more reminiscent with the Colt Lightning/Thunder (1877) and 1878 model DAs. You do not say which specific design the Uberti's is, but I've seen Ubertis with two different styles--one with the horizontal/flat top portion before it drops, the other more round up top/less abrupt than the above, and closer to the Ruger (or USFA) style but still not even close to a match. Respectively, these are Thunderer/Lihtning style top. "regular" birdshead bottom.
UbertiThundererandBirdshead.jpg

Bob's links will get you different grip materials than your TALO model. If your issue is more the overall design/shape, Somebody(s) makes a "Lightning" style gripframe for at least some Ruger SA applications, which also suggests needing (and I don't know if includes, assume...?) the associated different spring, strut, etc, to go along with.

Regarding just grip material, another is elk/stag via Sack Peterson.

Last edited: