Will Ruger Redhawk grips fit Security Six

TennJed

Will the smaller factory Ruger Redhawk grips fit a Secuirty Six? Google search does not turn up anything. I am going to assume not, but they look very similar so I just wanted to be sure

Sport45

FWIW, Pachmayr list different grips for the two frames. The Gripper for the Security Six is 03175 and the same grip for the Redhawk is 03142.

I think the Super Redhawk shares a grip frame size with the Security Six.

Sport45

I may be wrong... It may be the Super Redhawk shares a grip frame with the GP100, not the Security model.

I'm not sure the Redhawk (not Super) shares grips with any other Rugers.

boa2

The standard Redhawk grips will not fit the Security-Six-nor any other ruger revolvers! They are considerably larger and although similar to Security-Six grips they are shaped differently. Sport45 is correct tnat it is the Super Redhawk that shares the stub type grip frame with the GP100-so the grips are interchangeable between these two revolvers.

Webleymkv

As long as its a 151-prefix or above serial number, Security Six grips are neither hard to find nor expensive. Ruger has wood target grips for Security Sixes on their website now for $20 per pair or six pairs for $100.

TennJed

As long as its a 151-prefix or above serial number, Security Six grips are neither hard to find nor expensive. Ruger has wood target grips for Security Sixes on their website now for $20 per pair or six pairs for $100.

Thanks, I have seen plenty of Security Six grips around, the issue I am running into is that I would like the smaller (not target) grips without the diamond checkering. All the small wood Security Six grips I am coming across have the diamond and I noticed the smooth wood is common for the Redhawk.