Will Glock ever make a Single Stack?

HKFan9

Let's face it more and more people are buying slim or sub compact firearms these days for CCW. I love my Glock 17, I never fired one of the sub compact Glocks but I hear good things. I wish Glock would take the step to a single stack ultra thin line, much like Kahr and the Walther PPS. I love and carry my Kahr PM-9 and it has been reliable just as my Glock 17. One drawback I find with it is the stainless steel isn't as resistant as Glocks tenifer.

Unfortunately I am back at college (live off campus) and moved into a not so nice part of town. I am home alone a lot, so I do take my firearm in the bathroom with me while I shower. The only firearm I keep with me down here is my CCW piece which happens to be my PM-9. Even with the vent on the steam can do a number on the PM-9 so I constantly have to oil and clean it. Some might think I'm being paranoid that I take it in the bathroom while I shower but I already had a drug junkie try to force his way into the house at 3am the other night so I don't really care if you think I'm paranoid. Anyways I wouldn't feel so bad about the Glock being in those conditions, but I feel like the Kahr is a little less resistant.

roklok

Glock 36, although I dont believe it to be any thinner than a 26 or 27 being it is a .45.

Last edited:

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, the 36 is single stack. Still not "thin" by most standards however, only 5 hundredths narrower than my 33. Some people do seem to like the grip a lot better though.

HKFan9

Sorry for not knowing my Glocks all too well, I am a new-er glock owner. But I was thinking a long the lines of a single stack 9mm or even .40, and god willing a 10mm (drool). Something like the PPS or a Kahr, but more square with a Glock logo :rolleyes:

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
But I was thinking a long the lines of a single stack 9mm or even .40, and god willing a 10mm (drool). Something like the PPS or a Kahr, but more square with a Glock logo

Seems like something along those lines would require a radical redesign. Not that it would be bad but it seems like Glock like to stick with what they've got.

A single stack 10mm Glock that was under and inch thick would be S-W-E-E-T.

hdawson228

My Kahr has a stainless slide. I carry it next to skin. No problems what so ever. I do coat the outside of the slide every week or so with oil and let it sit for five minutes. No rust, pitting or anything else.:cool:

Steve1911

Why would they? Isn't that one of the big selling points; that you are able to buy 30 or 33 round magazines or something like that?

If they changed anything they would probably have the same problems that they had in the 80's in NYC. They have made the exact same firearm in the different caliber variations... That is it.

I don't look for them to make a single stack any time soon.:D