Wild West Tech

Diggers

I just watched a really cool wild west tech about the evolution of the revolver. Neat to see how it was developed and all the different models that came and went.

One of the first revolvers, the Walker Colt , a .44, weighed in at 4.5 pounds.:eek: It was HUGE! They would carry it in holsters on the saddle, for good reason. (no one wants their pants to fall down durring a battle.:rolleyes: )http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker_Colt

The S&W model 3 or The American! :D hehe was cool looking too. Ofcourse the colt peace keeper was highlighted also.

Cool show. Check it out if you see it on.

James K

Member In Memoriam
Carrying the pistols in saddle holsters was the normal way prior to the advent of reasonable size revolvers, so using that carry method with the early revolvers was natural. Not until the Civil War era were belt holsters common in the military.

Jim

Tom2

You can get a replica made in Italy if you want to try your hand at a revolver that carries a load like a small rifle. They were powerful and still can be with a full load of black powder. IF you remember the movie The Three Amigos, Martin Short fires one and it knocks him on his A--! For dramatic humorous effect, of course.

Nortonics

Grasshopper - a stone is bigger than a pebble - don't be a pebble. ;)

David Carradine - I've always liked the Kill Bill "Kung-Fu" master. Who would have known he'd make a great Wild West firearms host?!

132px-Carradine.jpg

Half brother of Keith Carradine whom sometimes hosts the same show.

180px-Kcarradine.jpg

And another half brother, revenge of the nerds, Robert Carradine.

Nerd.jpg

Who knew? What a life...

pesta2

I was watching something about the show one time and they said that David Carradine is big into firearms and is a really great shot.