Wild West Alaska Christmas Special tonight

Barber2678

Be sure to watch my friends from Wild West Guns on Animal Planet's Wild West Alaska Christmas special tonight on Animal Planet. Not sure what the local time slot will be.

Barber2678

I haven't talked to Jim about it but I'm sure if there was any substance to the charges it would have been in the news. Jim and his crew run a reputable operation with a lot of happy customers. He wouldn't still be in business if he cut corners.

g.willikers

The show will be repeated on the Animal Planet channel, on Jan 2, at 7pm, followed by a new episode at 9pm.
According to our tv schedule.

buck460XVR

Originally posted by Barber2678:

I haven't talked to Jim about it but I'm sure if there was any substance to the charges it would have been in the news. Jim and his crew run a reputable operation with a lot of happy customers. He wouldn't still be in business if he cut corners.

Kinda where I heard of the charges. In newspapers, on T.V., on the Radio and the internet. All stated 17 charges pending and his Cessna confiscated. Seems the majority of the charges stem from a disagreement between him and the native elders that have control of the private land he is accused of trespassing on. There are also charges that he hunted federal lands without authorization and failed to disclose and lied about the facts of one of the bear kills. There are also charges that West personally killed a bear for a client and helped another client kill a moose while guiding. Apparently illegal for a guide to do in Alaska. These charges stem all the way back to 2009. I have a nephew who guided in Alaska for years, both hunting and fishing. Altho he knew of Jim West, he did not know him personally. He claims while most Alaskan guides are legal and reputable, even the best are pressured by clients and their huge amounts of money to take something home to show. He also claims that many of Alaska's laws are vague and change yearly, and that enforcement is thin and far between. This is especially true when it comes to trespassing laws in Alaska. Tribal lands also have different laws and enforcement.

I have been a fan of the show since it first came on and think it is one of the better "reality" type shows out there. This is one reason I'm interested in the outcome of the allegations made by the Alaskan State Troopers.

spacemanspiff

In all fairness, the other side of the equation needs to be spoken for. AST has a solid reputation. They wouldn't pursue charges if there was not evidence to support them in the first place.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Jim West has plenty of clients who fish/hunt at his lodge, I don't see him cutting corners just to make a buck.

Because it was mentioned by Wests lawyer that this whole thing was a publicity stunt because of the other Alaskan reality show 'Alaska State Troopers', we should expect that a future episode of AST will feature this arrest.

BarryLee

No firsthand knowledge, but based on the show Jim West is the owner of Wild West Guns. The guy who used to post here is a salesman at Wild West named Ken. Both of these guys are featured prominently on the show.

dean1818

These TV gun shows are fun to watch.

However, with the "reality" shows, you can see a script running the thing.

A camera is positioned "just right" to get supposedly off the cuff funny interaction. A unique character just "happens" to show up at the store with perfect TV sound.

That doesnt just happen.

That person is mic'ed up...... All prepared for "prepared" dialog.

Some of the other Alaskan shows seem to have more reality.

In most cases I get the sense I am watching 5% reality and 95% hollywood.

Stevie-Ray

I had no idea of this show until I saw an episode the other night. I do remember Ken from here, and the show is at least a bit entertaining. Better than most of the reality shows.