Wife purchased first gun!

chewie146

Hey all,

Well it has been a successful gun show up here. I got a new Hi-point 9mm carbine with the new style stock. It shot great. The best thing that happened is that my wife purchased her first firearm. She saw a 50th anniversary ruger MKII with the box for 295, talked the guy down to 275, and walked out the door with it. She has shot before, and I bought her a 1911 for a gift once, but this is her first self-purchased firearm. This is a proud husband moment. I'm a lucky guy!

308Gunner

Gotta start somewhere, and the MKII is a great jumping-off point for a first self-chosen purchase, and start of a collection :)

Yung.gunr

Congrats Chewie

My wife's first gun was a couple years ago. It was a youth double barreled .410. She really likes it because she is not intimidated by it because it fits her. Plus, the recoil is completely manageable for her. The next one she wants is a .22 revolver, I'm more of a semi-auto guy myself. But, eh, who can complain? The ammo is cheap and I will probably get away with getting my next gun shortly thereafter. I am planning on getting a Smith & Wesson 22A.

Hope she has fun with the Ruger. I have heard only good things about them.. Never shot one myself.

chewie146

Well I guess this one has some sentimental value to her, as her dad used to have one a long time ago. I looked her new purchase over a little closer, and it turns out she picked up a 50th anniversary edition MK II for 275. The box is a little beat up, but the gun is in great shape, and it has 2 magazines. One of the mags is the one with the medallion on the bottom.

SW40F

Chewie, congratulations! My wife chose a Ruger Mark II slabside Target as her 1st gun, then fell in love with a Beretta U22 NEOS. I love it when she's happy. ;)