Why they call it the art of rifle

mapsjanhere

attachment.php

Last fall I posted on a long distance rifle plan based on an action I had. The project didn't go anywhere, but it got me talking with Chad Dixon aka Longrifles,Inc. The final result is in the picture:
300 RUM, Defiance action, 26" Lilja barrel with 2" removable break, Nesika stock, Jewel trigger, Harris bipod, and Nightforce NSX 5.5-22x56.
Chad's test fire was three touching bullet holes, I won't embarrass this piece of gunsmithing art by showing what I shot out on my first attempt (I blame factory ammunition and 15 mph wind of course). It shoots like a dream, 20 lbs weight make even a 300 RUM tame.

Attachments

• 300RUM.JPG
    300RUM.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,310

Scorch

Very pretty. From what I have seen of longrifles,inc's work, I am not in the least surprised. He has attention to details and quality of workmanship down pat. Very nice.

LongRifles Inc.

thanks Jan!

Hey buddy!

How's that thing shootin? Weather's getting better here day by day, are you able to get out and stretch your legs with that thing yet?

Nice photo!

Chad

LongRifles, Inc.

geetarman

Mapsjanhere,

That rifle would do MUCH better in Arizona. . .and I know who would take care of it.:)

That is a beauty all the way around.:D

mapsjanhere

35 degrees and sleet here ...
Actually right now it's not lack of opportunity but lack of ammo. I slack big time in getting my reloading gear organized after moving into my personal man cave. But I do have a nice box of Berger 210 VLD sitting there waiting to be packaged.

TRguy

That is a fine rifle. Admittedly I don't know much about the 300 RUM but the lines on that rifle are a thing of beauty.