Why some of my Corbon bullets and Locally Made one rusted.

stdalire

I noticed the other day that some of my corbon bullets have rusted and fast discoloring of the shells.

Also, some of my locally manufactured bullets has some kinds of acid whatever chemical components leaking from the shell.

What causes all of these?

Thanks,

Banzai

Where do you live, and how do you store your stuff?

------------------
A "Miss" is the ultimate overpenetration!
You can never be too rich, too skinny, or too well armed!

C.R.Sam

Stdalire, If you in Zamboanga area I remember lots of humidity and heat. Do you mean the Cor-Bons are turning green? instead of red ( rust ). If the local rounds are actualy leaking from inside, I recommend that you not shoot em. Could have some very interesting things going on inside that are not good for you or your weapons. Store the ammo in as dry and cool place as possible. Small plastic bags holding twenty or so rounds, vacuum packed helps and the bags can be ripped open quickly for use.

Do NOT clean the rounds with anything containing ammonia, makes em pretty but weakens the cases.

Do NOT use any lubricant on them, makes them go BOOM instead of bang.

Hope more and better follow.

------------------
Sam I am, grn egs n packin

Nikita Khrushchev predicted confidently in a speech in Bucharest, Rumania on June 19, 1962 that: " The United States will eventually fly the Communist Red Flag...the American people will hoist it themselves."

stdalire

C.R.Sam, thanks in educating me on re bullets safekeeping.

I am residing in Manila and it is really hot and humid.

Thanks

singleshot

You've been given good advice on storage. An airtight ammo can in the coolest place you've got would be great.

But the red color you mention is cause for concern. There is nothing in Corbon ammunition to rust. When powder begins to deteriorate there will be a redish color to it. I don't believe Corbon uses a case mouth sealing compound so it is- at least-theoreticlly possible- for humid air to get inside. My advice would be to not shoot any rounds so discolored.

C.R.Sam

stdalire;....important, are the Cor-Bons turning green or red, roja o verde?
The copper jacket will get green with exposure to the local atmosphere, if reddish colour something is VERY wrong and dangerous.

I thought you were further south, I lived in Cavite City, next to Sangly Point in the early 60s.

------------------
Sam I am, grn egs n packin

Nikita Khrushchev predicted confidently in a speech in Bucharest, Rumania on June 19, 1962 that: " The United States will eventually fly the Communist Red Flag...the American people will hoist it themselves."