• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

why is my thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

17ghk

Unless I am mistaken this is a shooting forum. A sport which is defended by the NRA and to not support them by killing my thread is crap! Is there nowhere here to post this poll or is it not at all welcome? I dont come hear much but when I post these polls people pm me with a thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

CowTowner

My guess would be due to the follow post found in the rules section of this forum:

Links to Polls
Any post/Thread that links to ineffectual and useless online petitions will be closed or deleted on sight.

Instead, if you really think the topic is worth action, contact your State and Federal Congresspeople with an email, tweet or real letter. See Sandy Hook Shooting: Read First in the L&CR forum for details on how to contact your Federal Representatives and Senators.

tirod

Polls are ineffective because nothing happens after they are published - except for a big yawn and "So what?" If the results agree with your opinion, fine, if not, it's a wakeup call either you or they don't have all the facts.

In that regard, what else is new?

The White House polls are just as effective - and shut down when the answer goes against their agenda. Since no one is obligated to do anything about the results of the poll, the effort could be directed to something else - like writing your reps, sending donations to the organization that furthers your view, campaigning for a candidate that supports your views.

Instead of working for poll results, work for election results, which have a much larger influence.

That's the long explanation of above, and why most forums would do well to eliminate "polls." But, some think it's needed so their members can figure out what is more popular and how to think, rather than come up with their own analysis and decide for themself.

Yeah, chalk me up on the side of "polls are waste of time and bandwidth."

Status
Not open for further replies.