Why I carry at home...

Walter

Mike Zukerman / WFAA-TV
Detectives remove evidence at the crime scene.
Also Online

Justin Farmer reports

8400 Spence Court North Richland Hills

NORTH RICHLAND HILLS — An elderly North Richland Hills woman was shot and killed at her own front door Sunday night.

The victim's husband told police they had been watching TV shortly before 8 p.m. when they heard a knock at the door at their home in the 8400 block of Spence Court.

Marianne Wilkinson, 68, went to answer it; someone shot her at least three times. She died at the scene.

Police spokesman Sgt. Richard Curtis said investigators are working with few clues. "A male was seen leaving or exiting the scene and going to—possibly—a gold vehicle," he said. The man was said to have been wearing a hooded sweatshirt.

Here's the link to the whole story, or what is known right now.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/d...stories/wfaa071210_wz_nrhshooting.6c25c1.html

Walter

Rockrz

Good argument for bullet proof doors and windows, and a video camera with sound so you can talk to them on the speaker and tell them to leave if you don't know them.

Maybe some booby traps would be good!

CrazyIvan007

Just open the door with an assault shotgun in hand hanging at your side. Seems to work...and scares away those pesky door-to-door types.

Nothing illegal about that, unless they report you and it is misunderstood that you brandished the weapon...so video would be good.

Rockrz

I just don't answer and tell friends and family to call before coming over or they too will get the "no answer" treatment.

News Shooter

There's something really fishy about that story. That's a relatively nice neighborhood and why would somebody pick a random house and blow away the old lady who opened the door? It makes no sense. I'm betting it was a hit.

Walter

News Shooter There's something really fishy about that story. That's a relatively nice neighborhood and why would somebody pick a random house and blow away the old lady who opened the door? It makes no sense. I'm betting it was a hit.
Today 03:55 PM
I agree. My first thought was, even though the husband was at home, he
would probably be a suspect, somehow. Either that or she REALLY ticced
somebody off in traffic earlier in the day.

Walter

Rockrz

Maybe the husband had a large insurance policy!
He may be a suspect...I'll bet the cops are looking into his business about now.

44capnball

Just open the door with an assault shotgun in hand

No such thing, that's another hype term. Be careful letting media misnomers get into our own usage ;)

But youre right, or at least have your hand on that revolver in your pocket when you open the door.