Why buy or own a Glock Subcompact if you're just gonna add to it's size??

Who buys a subcompact only to add to it's size?

• I like the comfort of the pinky extension and want to add more rounds.

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • I bought the subcompact for its small size and think it's silly to add to it.

Votes: 63 64.9%

• Total voters

DonutGuy

Be honest here, why buy a Glock subcompact (26/27/33/39) and feel that you need to add a pinky extension for comfort. Buy a subcompact for what it is...for concealed carry. If you want a model that holds more rounds, then buy the larger model.:confused:

CK Bigoldi

The pinky extension doesn't print like the butt on a G19/23/32 yet gives a better purchase on a hard recoiling round like a G33.

bdb benzino

Even with the +1 or +2 pinky extentions I have, it still is not as big as a G23. Also some of us do not like the ergonomics of the Glock, and find the lack of grip on my G27 to be doable without adding more unfitting grip! Also I have large man hands and like having a little extra to hold on to. My favorite is the Peirce +1, and it can't add more than 1\2inch to the grip! Still very nice for CC.:cool:

YMMV, Why worry about what fits others needs?

FoxtrotRomeo

To my knowledge there are two pinky extensions. One does extend your mag capacity, the other does not.

I don't like to have my pinky dangling off of pistol grips. It happened with a P220 model (not sure which one it was) and I did not like it, liked the pistol and the round though (rental pistol).

That said, I like the G26 and 27 but the extension would make it feel more natural. It's not about mag capacity for me.

I have seen the G26 with the mag/grip extension and I can say that it will likely not effect the concealment that much past the intent of the original design. It minimizes the additional mass of the grip.

That's my two cents and I'm not opening it up for debate either. I intend to have two higher capacity mags in a mag pouch on backup anyway. For a set up like a G26/G27 it makes more sense for me to have larger capacity mags in a mag pouch so that I have more than what I need. I can always stop shooting a perp but I am gonna be SOL if I run out of ammo before the threat is stopped.

Officer's Match

A subcompact Glock with a grip extension points more naturally for me than a full or compact. That said, I usually carry my G39 with the flush baseplate.

bigghoss

don't forget about versatility. if someone has to they can carry the regular mag in the gun or if they can get away with it add a few more rounds and make it bigger. it's like getting 2 guns in one.

BusGunner007

Individual taste or personal comfort would dictate how the smaller firearm may be customized.

The OP's question is valid, but the personal aspect of 'fit' may be a good answer.

jmstr

Ok, I am NOT quite in this category. I don't own a Glock. However, I have the M&P 9c and a Kahr K9. I have pinky extensions on all but 2 of the magazines.

I will carry without the pinky extension but I see no reason for me to not use it for a fun range session of plinking around. If I am practicing presentation drills, I'd use the mags without the extension.

I think this applys to the glocks as well, but I don't know glocks. Mine don't add rounds [darned california laws] but they make it more comfortable.

proxpilot

cuz i don't want half my hand hanging off the grip when i need it to possibly save my life. when a pinky extension can make the gun comfy and still concealable.

deercop

Versatility.

I can use standard mags for a shorter height, for when I carry the gun in an ankle holster or pocket holster. I can use a Pearce +0 extension on a mag for carry on my belt.

Also, for certain applications, the difference in length (as opposed to height) can certainly be the make-or-break difference.

Walt Sherrill

Kinda depends on how you carry...

A shorter barrel may make the gun more comfortable to carry, particularly if you are using an IWB holster. A longer grip may not be an issue, depending on the cant of the holster.

hickok45

I can certainly understand why people think the pinky extensions are necessary, but I have very large hands and love to shoot the Baby Glocks without extentions. Makes these little guns even more special if you can shoot them the way they are. Just my opinion.

Hickok45

elmata

My 27 mags both have the pierce +0 extensions because for me they make it easier to draw from my holster and I like the way they make the gun feel in my hand (secure). If I could shoot like hickok45 I could probably use a straw and spit wads to nail a bad guy in the eyes from 200 yards. :D

Hardcase

I don't own a Glock, but the "pinky extension" that I bought for my LCP is actually a "ring finger extension" for my big ol' hams.

AK103K

I really dont see the point to them. Besides pinching the hell out of your hand during reloads, and in some cases, while shooting, and making the gun unnecessarily bigger, they really dont make the gun any more shootable, and for me, actually less shootable. No matter what or how I tried, I could never get more than 11 in the mag with the +2 extensions either.

Once you get used to your pinky being under the gun, they feel quite natural, and are very easily controlled and shot.