Who's going to the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot?!

Avid Concealer

Well I know I am! I'll be closer to Kentucky for the first time during the shoot so I figure I'll check it out! I know it's $10 to get in and I was told that the firearms vendors charge their own rates per gun and for ammo. How easy is it to spend $200 or $300 there, because that's all I plan on spending. Can we take our own guns? I'm thinking I'll shoot some 9mm Mp5's, a few .223s and .308s along with blowing some stuff up! Does it get expensive really quickly? I'm trying to keep it cheap here! Unfortunately it's supposed to be raining some. Oh well, I don't melt!

~Ac

Bogie

You can take your own, but range time (lower range only) tends to be a little backed up, and costs about $10/hour or somesuch. IMHO, you'll be best served if you leave your toys at home, unless they're full auto and you want to compete in a match, and just enjoy the spectacle.

Webleymkv

I'm planning on it if I can get the time off. Unfortunately, my boss's IQ is about the same as room temperature so getting time off is a big "if".

Avid Concealer

Pretty cool, I appreciate the replies guys, I'll be there Saturday as well. Now can someone tell me what kind of prices I'll be looking at for gun rentals, I'm thinking full auto, maybe a few pistols that I haven't shot before and blowing up a few grenades if they have those! Just ballpark range. Any help would be appreciated, I called up there, but they weren't very helpful and told me that the vendors charge their own prices. Anyone that has done this before please chime in, I need to let my friends know what to expect $$ wise.

Thanks,

~ac

M3 Pilot

I'll be there

For $200-300 you can eat well (well, at least eat lots). Add a couple of zeros & you can take a very nice souvenier home.

shaggy

With the price of ammo lately, I would figure about $0.75-$1.00/rd for anything in a rifle caliber, perhaps a little bit less for pistol calibers, more for anything in 50BMG. A few seconds on a flamethrower; figure at least $100, and probably much closer to $200.

Avid Concealer

Wow. Shaggy if those numbers are right, that's insane! I may just be watching! Yikes! Wow, they'd really be ripping you on the bullet prices with the smaller calibers, hell...even the rifles!

Ac.

Double J

Knob Creek

I was there last October. Paid to get in. Paid for the video permit. Crowd was too thick. Can't say I got to see anything, but it was real noisy. Never got anything on camera. Long walk for a crip like me. Don't see much point in going back. Wear earplugs.

NCHornet

one year I want to make this journey. I saw it on a TV show once and it was awesome. My favorite is at night when the tracer rounds come out!!!