Who's going dove hunting Saturday?

ArmySon

Staff Alumnus
I just bought another case of dove loads and my buddies and I have been seeing flocks of doves in some freshly cut corn fields. We're definitely psyched!

Sisco

I'm ready to go but gotta work. As soon as #1 son gets home from school today we're going to go bust some clays to get warmed up.
If there is one advantage to working weekends, I can to out on weekdays while everyone else is working and have the dove fields to myself!

ArmySon

Staff Alumnus
Pappy (my old hunting buddy) and I were out shooting trap yesterday evening for some warm up. Needless to say, we're going back out to bust some more clay birds this evening for MORE practice lol :)

CD1

The company dove shoot is on opening day. One of our company founders is having it at one of his farms in Mississippi. Huge lodge, beautiful place, perfect dove hunt....and I won't be there. This year my wifes family reunion is on opening day....'nuff said. I am hating life.

K

KilgorII

To quote Southla1 "ME ME ME ME :D"

Too bad CD1, hope you limit out on the days you can make it.

Kilgor

UK2TX

A colleague, a true Texas gentleman, has invited myself and my family to join him and his family at their in-laws in Iredell,Tx for the 1st and 2nd. Shooting early morning and late afternoon, family fun in the middle and (hopefully) lots of game on the grill in the evening.

Once we get back, I've arranged for him to join me at a local wildlife refuge for the first dove hunt they have ever organised.

Regards,

UK2TX

Dan Morris

Son and myself will be at a friends place on the Colorado Plains.
Water, trees and milo fields. Homefully a lot of birds.
In any case, a time to share with each other!
Dan

JKeith

Yep...I'll be in the fields on Saturday with my oldest son...it will be our 11th year hunting together on opening day...a really special time for us!!

Good luck everyone and hunt safe!!

J Scott

Saturday morning can't come soon enough!
Sunflower fields, good friends and my Winchester 101.
And we will still have plenty of time to make the 1:30 kickoff for
some afternoon college football!

Good luck and be safe.

J Scott

ralphtt

In years past, I have driven almost 500 miles to get to a good dove hunt in northwest Tennessee. This year, I'm going to a millet field almost two miles from the house. :) Should be a good shoot.

HankL

Hunting season at the Carolina Plantation will officially open Saturday at Noon rain or shine. Southlaw quit sending that rain up here will you! :D

Johnny Guest

Moderator in Memoriam
DOVE SEASON OPEN!

I've been VERY busy at the office this past week and haven't even had much time to think about dove season, though I hadn't forgotten it. Finally hit a good stopping place about four pm Friday and want to buy license(s.) I now have a Super-Duper Combo Hunting & Fishing license with ALL the options--Waterfowl, turkey, big game small game, plus fresh water and salt water fish, and federal waterfowl stamp. As far as the papers go, I am legal to shoot/stick/hunt/hook/net/gig/"and by other lawful means take" pretty much whatever walks, runs, climbs, scampers, flies, swims, amphibiates (you like that one? Just made it up.) or otherwise traverses the Lone Star State, and for which there is an open season or no protection.

While in line, met an old friend and had a nice visit. I'll be hunting on his land this afternoon, as i have for most of the past 25 years. He has a pretty decent private range, too, and if the birds aren't flying, I can go check the sights on my new/old 10/22.

Too much to do, but,
Life is Good.

Best to all,
Johnny