Who thought this form of carry was a good idea?

Having an interest in NAA revolvers, I did some surfing to find some of the alternative means of carrying these little guns. I came across the following site after finding it referenced for a tuckable kydex holster.

http://members.tripod.com/~Newt_Livesay/pistol.html

Then I saw the neck sheath. Do you think the neck sheath is a bad idea for this little gun? Under what circumstances would you want to carry your gun so that it continually points at your own head?

I am still trying to imagine under what circumstances someone thought this was a good idea. I know some people carry knives like this, but knives can't shoot you through the sheath.

Maybe someone could straighten me out on this. Is it possible for the gun to be inserted into the sheath if it is cocked? Or, is it only setup to allow the gun to be inserted with the hammer between rounds in the safe position? And exactly how does the gun stay in? They say it is their most popular design.

notbubba

There's alot of people that SHOULD carry in this way.

WHO?

All the libs that think you shouldn't own at all,but it's OK for them to have a CCW.

Jim V

Well, NAA tells you to carry the revolver with the hammer down on an empty chamber. The neck holster prevents the cylinder from turning. You have to draw the thing to cock it and it can't be accidently cocked while in the holster.

What is the difference between that mode of carry and Thunderwear? Hummmmmmmm?

ohen cepel

I have a neck holster for my .22 mag and don't have a problem using it.

Put the hammer down into a safety notch and put it into the holster. It's held by the kydex pressing down on it. It's a good firm fit and I've run/hiked over 100 miles with it like that.

It works fine for me. If you really object to the idea I have recently seen one made that held the weapon more from the top so it hung sideways.

My problems with it is that it's a bit of weight on your neck and takes some getting used to and the fact that it will fall far forward under a shirt if you bend.

A suggestion would be to lengthen the cord and carry it with one arm through the loop, this puts it almost like a shoulder holster.

It's a functional idea and not any worse than bleeding out a femoral artery from a hip holster mistake.

Again, just my 2 cents,

P

PreserveFreedom

To be honest, if I have to choose between pointing it at my head or tucking it in with the family jewels, I may just go with that neck thingie.