Who still makes 3 inch .327/.357 with round butt grips?

Webleymkv

S&W makes the Model 60, 686 and 586 L-Comp with three inch barrels and round butts (the 686 comes with round-to-square conversion grips, but several aftermarket options are available).

Ruger also makes the SP101 and GP100 with three inch barrels. Both of these guns have a grip "stud" rather than a true grip frame, so aftermarket RB grips shouldn't be problematic.

carguychris

FYI almost all S&W revolvers made after 1996 have a RB grip frame, with the exception of the current "Classics" lineup and a few Performance Center editions. Most recent Smiths appear SB only because they're sold with conversion grips that extend the rear corner of the grip frame and give it a SB shape.

AFAIK almost every 3" M686 ever built has been RB (see above).

Micahweeks

Ah. Ok. I have a 686 but have never taken the grips off. Mine came with the thick, rubber, Hogue grips.

I do like the look of that GP100, though. I may look into picking one up. Do they still come with those wood insert grips?

wilburmay

I would recommend a GP100. I have a 3" blued full lug but I think they only make ss now. Never understood why they don't make the blued any more.
Wilbur

Kreyzhorse

New Rugers do not come with the wood insert grips, however, you can still buy them from Ruger.

If I'm not mistaken, they are square butt though.

Most revolvers are round butt these days by the way. Square butt is pretty hard to find but various round to square conversions grips are available.

tulsamal

GP-100's are not "square butt." They have a "spike" that holds the grip. You can put any size or shape of grip on them that you prefer. The Super Redhawk is the same thing. They share grips. The original Redhawk is different.

The Wiley Clapp version does come with the wood insert grips. Just like the review I liked showed. It's a nice gun. That review was for a stainless gun. They keep saying there is also going to be a blued model with a gold bead front sight instead of the fiber optic. But I haven't actually seen one for sale yet.

Gregg