Who says savages don't shoot?????

Savage Mark II BTVS .22LR
Scope: Leupold VX-II 4-12x40mm AO, Fine Duplex
Ammo: Federal, Gold Metal Target #711B
Conditions: Variable crosswind 5-10, gusting to 20
Distance: 50 yards..

I'm not benchrest shooter, in fact, this savage is the first non-sporter weight gun I've ever purchased.. To say i'm happy is a great understatement....

shootin1-16-091.jpg

MarkII.jpg

Last edited:

justanegg

i've never heard anyone say savage's dont shoot, as far as i knew they are one of the most accurate in the world.

stlcardinalfan

You would have to hold a gun to my head to get me to say a Savage doesn't shoot. The 114 American Classic is very nice looking.

Swampghost

That's the biatch, all of my bases are covered. Some many times over. Another .243 would always be welcomed and I don't/never have owned a .270 or a .223 bolt action. Will the Savage digest 5.65 the same as my Minis? I'm really leaning towards another .243., the 'get'er done' rifle for my area.

stlcardinalfan

Get it in .270!! Bolt actions cycle those long action cartridges very well, unlike a semi auto. Get a 114 American Classic in .270 Winchester!

blacksky

Who says Savages Won't shoot?

attachment.php

My MKII BTVS RF 22LR at 50 yards on a calm day in the desert, using Win Super X 40G 1280fps!

attachment.php

Savage MKII Rimfire rifles add more fun to shooting than almost anything else for the money. Savage has known this for over a century and continues to improve and expand on this great rifle series.

Outdoor World says that this is the most accurate RF rifle that they have ever tested out of the box.

This is an excellent range report for 22LR shooters.

Rimfire Tactical Precision Match
Californians Hold Innovative Multi-Stage 22 LR Rimfire Tactical Comp

http://www.6mmbr.com/rimfiretactical.html

The range this was done at is where I shoot.
It is called 'A Place To Shoot'. See the link below.

http://www.aplacetoshoot.net/index.html

Attachments

• Savage MKII BTVS3.jpg
    Savage MKII BTVS3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 20,231
  • Savage MKII BTVS target.jpg
    Savage MKII BTVS target.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 20,573
Last edited:

blacksky

My Savage will do that @ 100 yds. on a calm day.

My Savage will do that @ 100 yds. on a calm day in the desert. I was going to post this comment but I didn't want to sound like I was braggin' too much! :D

Kreyzhorse

I heard a lot of things about Savage, but that they don't shoot usually isn't one of them. I've got left handed 7mm Rem Mag that is flat out accurate as hell. Slightly ugly with the barrel bolt and all, but I'd buy another Savage again over any other make or model out there.