Who owns the NAA guardian 32acp

Alex Johnson

I finally saw my first NAA Guardian yesterday and I put it on layaway. I've been looking around for one for awhile and this one just happend to have walked into my local gunshop, it was slightly used but price was $279 with box and extra magazine, which I thought was pretty reasonable. Anyway, I'm looking for comments on the gun, good bad, and also what people are feeding them. I'm particularlly interested in opinions on the sights, I noticed NAA is offering some reasonable upgrades to the sights, I'm kind of thinking about the Ashley style night sights. As far as ammo goes, I'm leaning towards Winchester silvertips, since they are readily available in my area. Also, I'm interested in buying a case of 1000 71 grain fmj's, who has the best deal?

Texas Bob

I've owned my naa .32 long befor the had a custom shop. This was when Ashley Emerson was back running AO express, he made me up one of the first small dot tritium front sights and an express rear sight. A machinist friend ground off the top rib and cut the groves to accomadate the sights. It makes for a fine back-up gun. You need to try different types of ammo to see what feeds with reliability before you invest in a case of ammo. My naa hates fmj but runs all day long on silvertips. My kel-tec has suffered "rim-lock" on anything but fmj. With silvertips I can get 3" groups at 3yds and 4-5" groups at 7yds firing fast with my naa. It really comes in it's own riding in a pocket holster in warm weather, esp in hot, hummid climates. Wouldn't trade or sell mine, hope this helps.:)

Laz

I have an NAA .32 Guardian with something over 500 rounds of various kinds through it. For me it is something of a "toy" since I don't rely on it as a weapon (though it would serve that need quite well, I think). I just like pocket pistols and mouse guns. I have tried Winchester STHP, Fiocchi 60 gr hollowpoint, Fiocchi 73 grain ball, Sellier and Bellot ball, Blazer ball, Remington ball, a little bit of Cor-Bon 60 gr HP (which it did NOT like at all) and it has done pretty good across the board but my specimen does far the best with the Fiocchi 60gr HP and the Fiocchi 73 gr ball. It also does very well with the Silvertips but the Fiocchi is much, much faster and still quite accurate. I don't have a lot of faith that the 60 gr Fiocchi would expand much if I needed it to, but it steps right along well over 900 fps. I had some problems with light strikes with Sellier and Bellot, otherwise I liked it a lot. By my count, 168 of rounds fired were Fiocchi 60 gr HP, all without problems. I'm very happy with mine.

Gino

I have nothing but good to say about my Guardian. It has shoot all ammo flawlessly for the last 4 years. I use the Fiocchi FMJ as both practice and carry ammo.

MikeJ

I've had my .32 Guardian for several years now and it has been totally reliable. I use Federal Hydra Shoks in it but I have also used Silvertips, Fiocchi hollowpoints and fmj. It is my always gun and many times my only gun. I question the need for any sight work since I would assume that if and when I needed to use it I would be VERY close to my assailant and it would be a point and shoot situation. I also own the KelTec .32 but never liked it as well as the Guardian. I recommend the Uncle Mike's pocket holster for it, works great. Best, Mike

deputy tom

I owned one of the early Guardian 32s and really liked it.I ran into financial trouble and was forced to sell it.I wish I could have kept it.tom.:(

22Shooter

Note the serial number...

I sold my 32 Guardian to make room for something else, but it was a good little pistol.

I seem to recall that 32 Gaurdians come in three flavors. Serial numbers starting with AAxxx were the first run, and I think had some issues with reliability. The ABxxx series were much improved, and the ACxxx models were a further refinement of the AB. ACxxx magazines are not compatible with the magazine release on earlier models, but I believe NAA will upgrade the magazine release on earlier models for free.

I sent my ABxxx model to NAA to have Ashley sights installed. They upgraded everything to AC specs while they had it. I seem to recall the extractor was more rounded, all the springs were replaced, new hammer, new magazine release, and magazines. They also gave it a good fluff and buff (didn't need it, but they re-polished the feed ramp and polished away some hidden interior tool marks that didn't interfere with function). The difference in trigger pull was night and day when I got it back-I think they dropped a few pounds off it and it was considerably smoother.

I guess my point is that it is well worth talking to NAA about upgrading an AA or AB series to AC specs., or keeping an eye out for an AC or later model to dodge the next day air charges.

My Guardian fed JHP fine, but I always used FMJ (Fiochi) for carry. I don't believe 32 ACP has the horsepower to expand JHP's reliably, or penetrate adequately if the JHP does expand. I trusted FMJ to at least penetrate.

The Ashley sights were much easier to quickly acquire than the stock Guardian sights (if you can even call them that). For sighted shooting they are worth it in my opinion. But they're an expensive addition if you'll only be training to point shoot your Guardian. Also, while accurate for what it is, the Guardian is not a "one ragged hole" pistol. If you are considering sights more precise than the Ashley's, consider the expression "Measure with a micrometer, cut with a chain saw" first.

Enjoy your new Guardian.

2kiddad

I have .32 Guardian. Carry it regularly. A few observations about My Guardian.

Trash the sights. The factory sights are worthless. If you are going to upgrade, have the top of the slide smoothed up and go the Gutter Snipe route. Chances are you'll carry the Guardian in some type of pocket holster. The Ashley sight is a big sucker hanging off the end of the muzzle like it does. Potential snag problems pulling the pistol out of your pocket? Why risk it? You don't really need sights on a Guardain anyway. It's an "up close and personal" weapon. Accurate to 15yds or so, but most effective at 7yds or less. Practice "point shooting". Then you won't need no stinkin' sights.

Ammo selection. Go to Golden Loki and check out his test results. Best all around ammo? CorBon. 25% faster and 60% more energy than Silvertips. I've never had a feed problem with CorBon either. Want FMJ? Fiocchi. Best penetration of any ammo but not as much "punch" as CorBon. I'll stick with CorBon, thankyou very much.

http://www.goldenloki.com/ammo/chrono/32acp.htm#naa

Reliability. The Guardian doesn't have an ejector, so periodically, the last round will stovepipe. This is normal and not a flaw. The Guardian was actually designed this way to signal an empty mag to the shooter. Doesn't happen all the time, only periodically.

The grip screws also have a habit of backing out while shooting. NAA fixed this problem by using rubber washers with the grip screws. If you order hex screws, they come with the washers.

ACxxxx s/n are the best of the Guardians. All of the AAxxxx and ABxxxx problems were solved.

Kahr makes Guardian frames, so quality is great. If you have problems, NAA will make them right. They have a lifetime warranty and will honor it even if you aren't the original owner. It doesn't typically need any "fluff and buff" for reliability, but if you do send your Guardian back, NAA will upgrade it completely. Have their custom shop do any work, and the same thing applies. NAA Customer Service is among the best in the industry.

Congradulations on you purchase. The Guardian is among the best of it's breed. Enjoy it.

Alex Johnson

I saw the guttersnipe sights on the NAA website. I'll probably put at least a couple hundred rounds through it before I make any decisions but this snag free approach to sighting does sound appealing. What kind of a sight picture do you get?